Respected Contributor

Re: Forehead wrinkles... Does anything REALLY work?

On 2/26/2015 MidNight said:

Prescription Retin A....Someone posted this website recently for Taraskincare to buy it...They get it from India so they can sell it online i guess without a prescription.....I just got some today in the mail and have used this same one in the past..It is the real deal..I dont have forehead wrinkles but do elsewhere and am hoping this helps with that and pores.If you buy it get the 0.25% to start...Google for coupon to use.

http://www.tarasc.com/Acne-Treatments-s/1856.htm

Btw this is made by Johnson & Johnson.

I am using a tube of 0.025% from Tara Skin Care.

The cap broke in half the second time I used it. So be really careful with the cap!

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

On 3/1/2015 jordan2 said:
On 2/27/2015 MidNight said:
On 2/27/2015 jordan2 said:

Prescription Retin A....Someone posted this website recently for Taraskincare to buy it...They get it from India so they can sell it online i guess without a prescription.....I just got some today in the mail and have used this same one in the past..It is the real deal..I dont have forehead wrinkles but do elsewhere and am hoping this helps with that and pores.If you buy it get the 0.25% to start...Google for coupon to use.

MidNight I went to the website for a look at the Retin A cream and have a question, I saw one in a blue box and red box with slightly different prices. Could you tell me if there is a difference in them and which one do you use?

One is 0.25% which is the lowest strength and the other is 0.05% a higher % of retinol..Start with the lower % and move up once you can tolerate using daily and make sure to wear sunscreen.

Hi MidNight sorry to bother you but I wanted to ask you a couple of things. When first using this would I limit it to 1 or 2 times a week to see how my skin reacted? Is this a stand alone product or can you layer serums and moisturizers from other brands over it? Lastly is a peeling or reddening of the skin normal at first?TIA

Hi, not MidNight but I recommend starting out a couple times a week and if no irritation, then to every other night. There's been a lot of debate here on BB about order of application but in the past year there have been two articles in Allure magazine where dermatologists said to put retin-A last on the skin, except for oil. The articles said retin-A drives the products under it deeper into the epidermis. Retin-A can go through serums and moisturizers but not oils. So an oil would go on last if you are using one. So serums, then moisturizers then Retin-A, then oils. And, yes, I definitely recommend using a moisturizer as retin-A can make your skin feel dry if used alone.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Regular Contributor

On 2/27/2015 UMDTerpFan said:

I posted about Taraskincare but I learned about it from other BBer's here about a year ago. I buy both Retin-A and Careprost from Tara Skin Care. The OP should definitely start out at the lower dose maybe 2 to 3 times a week and work up to every other day if her skin tolerates it well. Then if no problems go up to the .050%. I use Skinactives Vitamin A cream on nights I don't use Retin-A. FYI, Hot N Flashy did a Youtube video showing before and afters after about a year's use of .025% around her eyes. She said it really helped to open up her eye by lifting the lid and helped with dark circles & wrinkles. I haven't been consistent enough to see improvements like she said but anyone interested can search for her videos.

Just regarding the Hot & Flashy you tube person, yes, she uses Retin A but she has Botox regularly and also now fillers. I feel it's disingenuous to encourage certain products & show before & after pictures if you are also having Botox and fillers. It would be difficult to attribute improvement from Retin A if you have Botox every 6 months in that same area. I used to watch her regularly, but don't take her recommendations seriously anymore since if they worked so well, she wouldn't be doing the more expensive stuff. I know those things would work, but I listen to the demos for alternative treatments that may lessen the look, as I wouldn't go for the Botox or fillers. BTW, I've been using the Retin A .025% myself for 1 yr and do think it helps the skin texture & does prevent additional lines from forming with regular use though won't reverse any that were there to begin with.

Regular Contributor

If anyone uses or is thinking of using Retin-A...or just has skin at all, please use a good sunscreen - every single day, rain or shine! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Trusted Contributor

On 3/1/2015 F1wilder said:

If anyone uses or is thinking of using Retin-A...or just has skin at all, please use a good sunscreen - every single day, rain or shine! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Yes, I am very careful. My father had melanoma on his back, and basal cell on his face, so I do use sunscreen every day.

Thank you for warning!

Do the math.