Honored Contributor

@KatieB 

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

A question for those that developed forehead lines later in life.  I know some have them from early on.  My 14 year old grandaughter has forehead lines.  I haven't but I'm starting to develop them.  It's not the way I thought I would develop lines on my forehead and this thread is to find out if this is how other's developed them too.  I have recently (less than a year) developed two short horizontal lines.  Less than a 1/2" each.  Is that how it starts and they get longer?  I assumed a long line would slowly start to emerge and get more prominent over time.  I can't feel them with my finger like I can feel the vertical #1 between my eyebrows.  

@monicakm   Botox does not make you look frozen if you get a Dr. to do it.  Also just do it on your forehead.  It does not hurt.  They spread a gel on first that numbs it.  It is painless.  You might look into the Beauty Bio because then you can push lightly and control how much you do.  I also use Jose Moran Milk.  Good luck with your decision. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I had a few forehead lines, not the ones which go all the way across but just on the sides above my brows. I got rid of them with a microneedle. They are completely gone.  I know that's not for everyone but I've been microneedling for over a decade and it has kept my skin smooth and firm.

ETA-

In the past I had a derm do laser skin tightening and resurfacing but that was a long time ago so now I use the microneedle to get smooth skin.

@SilleeMee I do microneedling too, with the device I got from QVC. While I am not free of wrinkles, I do think it has helped.

@Puppy Lips 

Is that the one from BeautyBio? Those microneedles are kind of short and really don't do a thorough enough job of reducing wrinkles. The needles on a microneedle device need to be at least 0.5mm in length and BeautyBio needles are 0.3mm plus there are a lot of them on a roller which means they don't penetrate as deep as 0.3 but somewhere closer to half that b/c of the needle count on the roller. I know, that's technical but I've been at this needling thing for a very long time to know what it all means.

@SilleeMee Yes, it is the Beauty Bio.  What do you use?  Do you do it yourself or have it done somewhere?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I had a few forehead lines, not the ones which go all the way across but just on the sides above my brows. I got rid of them with a microneedle. They are completely gone.  I know that's not for everyone but I've been microneedling for over a decade and it has kept my skin smooth and firm.

ETA-

In the past I had a derm do laser skin tightening and resurfacing but that was a long time ago so now I use the microneedle to get smooth skin.

@SilleeMee I do microneedling too, with the device I got from QVC. While I am not free of wrinkles, I do think it has helped.

@Puppy Lips 

Is that the one from BeautyBio? Those microneedles are kind of short and really don't do a thorough enough job of reducing wrinkles. The needles on a microneedle device need to be at least 0.5mm in length and BeautyBio needles are 0.3mm plus there are a lot of them on a roller which means they don't penetrate as deep as 0.3 but somewhere closer to half that b/c of the needle count on the roller. I know, that's technical but I've been at this needling thing for a very long time to know what it all means.

@Puppy Lips   I use the one from Beauty Bio and I use the body one on my face and it works much better with longer needles.

@BalletBabe 

Yes, the body roller has longer needles, 0.5mm. But since there are so many needles on one roller that prevents them from penetrating to a depth of 0.5 but closer to something less than that. It's because of the way those kinds of rollers are. The ones with many needles on them don't go deep enough but are better than the ones for the face.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips 

I use a stamp-style microneedle. I buy them from various places. I have more control with using a stamp than a roller plus there's less micro-tearing which comes with using rollers.

I do it all myself and have for over a decade.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Microneedling hurts with the longer needles, 0.5mm and longer. Shorter than that it's called exfoliation and not really what I would call microneedling as it was intended to do...go deep enough to stimulate collagen production.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@monicakm 

Microneedling hurts with the longer needles, 0.5mm and longer. Shorter than that it's called exfoliation and not really what I would call microneedling as it was intended to do...go deep enough to stimulate collagen production.

@SilleeMee The beauty bio does not really hurt, hence, it is probably not doing a whole lot of good.  I actually kind of enjoy the experience.  But if QVC brought a .5mm model to sell, I would imagine there would be a ton of returns.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: Forehead Lines

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@monicakm 

@SilleeMee The beauty bio does not really hurt, hence, it is probably not doing a whole lot of good.  I actually kind of enjoy the experience.  But if QVC brought a .5mm model to sell, I would imagine there would be a ton of returns.

@Puppy Lips 

I'm sure the GloPro tool helps with exfoliation. That's what it was designed to do so it  helps with getting your skincare to absorb better. The GloPro for the body has 0.5mm needles on it but since that roller is loaded with so many needles the penetration is not going to go to 0.5mm deep. That's just the nature of those kind of rollers. Just be sure and replace your rollers every 3 months. Those needles get dull with use and then they can cause even more micro-tearing and unnecessary redness and irritation.

GloPro rollers are great quality. They use stainless steel needles which is an important feature when it comes to any kind of needling. Any other kind of metal for me is not acceptable.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

A question for those that developed forehead lines later in life.  I know some have them from early on.  My 14 year old grandaughter has forehead lines.  I haven't but I'm starting to develop them.  It's not the way I thought I would develop lines on my forehead and this thread is to find out if this is how other's developed them too.  I have recently (less than a year) developed two short horizontal lines.  Less than a 1/2" each.  Is that how it starts and they get longer?  I assumed a long line would slowly start to emerge and get more prominent over time.  I can't feel them with my finger like I can feel the vertical #1 between my eyebrows.  

If your 14 y/o grand daughter has them, it could be genetic.  What can you do about genetics?  Maybe plastic surgery?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

My 68 year old body wears all of my wrinkles and lines proudly. Heart

As Joan Rivers said, these are Life Stripes!!!

I thought Joan Rivers always had her aging issues removed with plastic surgery @Shelbelle !

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life