Honored Contributor

@lindseyemmie 

Please try to look at your lines as a life well lived instead of a disfigurement.

I'll try. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

How painful is microneedling to someone who has very little, if any, pain tolerance?

Honored Contributor

I have bangs and yes, they are good at covering up imperfections.  No to Botox but then again I never thought I'd even give microneedling a second thought.  Def no botox!

I have been thinking about Retin A tho.  I use a retinol and glycolic acid every day as well as Vit C.  I can either look at it as these products don't work OR just think what I would look like if I wasn't using them.   I guess I should be thankful I went 60+ years without forehead lines.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I do! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe 

Do you know if the ROC products with retinol are better than Naturium's retinol.  It's 2.5% but a derm I watch on YT recommends no less than 3%

Do you use a retinol all over your face and the "fill" product on targeted areas only?

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Oh I would NEVER discuss anything in front of my granddaughter that would give her body dysmorphia.  I know some people are born with lines where others don't have them and vice versa.  She is long, lean and beautiful.  She got none of that from me! Smiley Surprised  Both of my grandbabies took after their dad's parents.  

I've looked into argireline before.  I'll take another look at it.  Do you know if  you can use it with GA and Vit C.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I had a few forehead lines, not the ones which go all the way across but just on the sides above my brows. I got rid of them with a microneedle. They are completely gone.  I know that's not for everyone but I've been microneedling for over a decade and it has kept my skin smooth and firm.

ETA-

In the past I had a derm do laser skin tightening and resurfacing but that was a long time ago so now I use the microneedle to get smooth skin.

@SilleeMee I do microneedling too, with the device I got from QVC. While I am not free of wrinkles, I do think it has helped.

@Puppy Lips 

Is that the one from BeautyBio? Those microneedles are kind of short and really don't do a thorough enough job of reducing wrinkles. The needles on a microneedle device need to be at least 0.5mm in length and BeautyBio needles are 0.3mm plus there are a lot of them on a roller which means they don't penetrate as deep as 0.3 but somewhere closer to half that b/c of the needle count on the roller. I know, that's technical but I've been at this needling thing for a very long time to know what it all means.

@Puppy Lips   I use the one from Beauty Bio and I use the body one on my face and it works much better with longer needles.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Icegoddess  Yeah I was basically wondering if I can expect those two short ones to "grow" longer.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Oh I would NEVER discuss anything in front of my granddaughter that would give her body dysmorphia.  I know some people are born with lines where others don't have them and vice versa.  She is long, lean and beautiful.  She got none of that from me! Smiley Surprised  Both of my grandbabies took after their dad's parents.  

I've looked into argireline before.  I'll take another look at it.  Do you know if  you can use it with GA and Vit C.  

@monicakm I use them at the same time. I don't know of any reason why they wouldn't be compatible. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

Do you exfoliate with either physical or chemical exfoliation?  Everything I use on my face-neck-chest goes on the back of my hands. To me, the only thing about my hands that give away their age are the veins that are more prominent now.