Honored Contributor

Re: Forehead Lines

[ Edited ]

I am 70, I dont have forehead lines but what I do have is a rough crepey texture to my forehaad skin, been using 3% retinol. not helping much. 

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

A question for those that developed forehead lines later in life.  I know some have them from early on.  My 14 year old grandaughter has forehead lines.  I haven't but I'm starting to develop them.  It's not the way I thought I would develop lines on my forehead and this thread is to find out if this is how other's developed them too.  I have recently (less than a year) developed two short horizontal lines.  Less than a 1/2" each.  Is that how it starts and they get longer?  I assumed a long line would slowly start to emerge and get more prominent over time.  I can't feel them with my finger like I can feel the vertical #1 between my eyebrows.  

How old are you, @monicakm ?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

A question for those that developed forehead lines later in life.  I know some have them from early on.  My 14 year old grandaughter has forehead lines.  I haven't but I'm starting to develop them.  It's not the way I thought I would develop lines on my forehead and this thread is to find out if this is how other's developed them too.  I have recently (less than a year) developed two short horizontal lines.  Less than a 1/2" each.  Is that how it starts and they get longer?  I assumed a long line would slowly start to emerge and get more prominent over time.  I can't feel them with my finger like I can feel the vertical #1 between my eyebrows.  

@monicakm - Since you didn't ask how to get rid of forehead lines nor did you ask for opinions on how you should just accept the aging process, I will try and answer your actual question.  Which was - HOW do forehead lines develop.  I don't have them but from my observation of friends and my DD, I would say they start by going all the way across - as you stated a long line emerging and gets more prominent over time. I have also seen shorter ones on the outer edge of the forehead above the eyes. 

Honored Contributor

I noticed my forehead lines when I lost all my hair due to chemo and wore head scaves and hats---but after my hair grew back , they were not as noticeable because I had hair again. I still have them of course.and have 11 lines between my eye brows too. 

Honored Contributor

My 68 year old body wears all of my wrinkles and lines proudly. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

My 68 year old body wears all of my wrinkles and lines proudly. Heart

As Joan Rivers said, these are Life Stripes!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I had a few forehead lines, not the ones which go all the way across but just on the sides above my brows. I got rid of them with a microneedle. They are completely gone.  I know that's not for everyone but I've been microneedling for over a decade and it has kept my skin smooth and firm.

ETA-

In the past I had a derm do laser skin tightening and resurfacing but that was a long time ago so now I use the microneedle to get smooth skin.

@SilleeMee I do microneedling too, with the device I got from QVC. While I am not free of wrinkles, I do think it has helped.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I had a few forehead lines, not the ones which go all the way across but just on the sides above my brows. I got rid of them with a microneedle. They are completely gone.  I know that's not for everyone but I've been microneedling for over a decade and it has kept my skin smooth and firm.

ETA-

In the past I had a derm do laser skin tightening and resurfacing but that was a long time ago so now I use the microneedle to get smooth skin.

@SilleeMee I do microneedling too, with the device I got from QVC. While I am not free of wrinkles, I do think it has helped.

@Puppy Lips 

Is that the one from BeautyBio? Those microneedles are kind of short and really don't do a thorough enough job of reducing wrinkles. The needles on a microneedle device need to be at least 0.5mm in length and BeautyBio needles are 0.3mm plus there are a lot of them on a roller which means they don't penetrate as deep as 0.3 but somewhere closer to half that b/c of the needle count on the roller. I know, that's technical but I've been at this needling thing for a very long time to know what it all means.

Trusted Contributor

I have been going to an esthetician for microneedling for about a year and a half.  What that has helped me with is it is fading the sun damage and texture problems on my skin.  Lines and wrinkles are still there but smoothed out a bit.  Never going to have perfect flawless skin but I have found that that helps.  Oddly enough, the microneedling has smoothed out my eye area and  crows feet, which I used to feel was my main area of concern.  Microneedling helped with forehead lines a bit but mine are still there.  Is that what they call expression lines?  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe 

Thank you but that's not something I think I could do.  Pain threshold is -10 on a good day Smiley Surprised   I was just confused and wondering about their development.  I don't know if these short lines are going to expand across my forehead or what.