Honored Contributor

A question for those that developed forehead lines later in life.  I know some have them from early on.  My 14 year old grandaughter has forehead lines.  I haven't but I'm starting to develop them.  It's not the way I thought I would develop lines on my forehead and this thread is to find out if this is how other's developed them too.  I have recently (less than a year) developed two short horizontal lines.  Less than a 1/2" each.  Is that how it starts and they get longer?  I assumed a long line would slowly start to emerge and get more prominent over time.  I can't feel them with my finger like I can feel the vertical #1 between my eyebrows.  

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

A question for those that developed forehead lines later in life.  I know some have them from early on.  My 14 year old grandaughter has forehead lines.  I haven't but I'm starting to develop them.  It's not the way I thought I would develop lines on my forehead and this thread is to find out if this is how other's developed them too.  I have recently (less than a year) developed two short horizontal lines.  Less than a 1/2" each.  Is that how it starts and they get longer?  I assumed a long line would slowly start to emerge and get more prominent over time.  I can't feel them with my finger like I can feel the vertical #1 between my eyebrows.  

@monicakm Botox wil get rid of them and will keep them from getting worse

Regular Contributor

Re: Forehead Lines

[ Edited ]

Please try to look at your lines as a life well lived instead of a disfigurement. Try to embrace the fact that you have lived long enough to see lines on your face. Many people don't get that privilege. Society has made us feel wrinkles are a sign of ugliness & imperfection. When in reality, they are a sign of a life well lived full of expressions on your face. You are beautiful just the way you are. Live your life to the fullest & ignore the negativity society & the beauty industry instills in us. The alternative is far worse. Hugs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a few forehead lines, not the ones which go all the way across but just on the sides above my brows. I got rid of them with a microneedle. They are completely gone.  I know that's not for everyone but I've been microneedling for over a decade and it has kept my skin smooth and firm.

ETA-

In the past I had a derm do laser skin tightening and resurfacing but that was a long time ago so now I use the microneedle to get smooth skin.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I'm sorry you're getting lines on the forehead but eventually most of us will get lines and wrinkles. It's just a fact of life. I'm sure you know there are no creams, lotions or potions to remove them. You can begin the Botox "train" every 4 months. It doesn't last long. There is no fix except bangs and more importantly acceptance of aging.

I know that's not what you want to hear. You love makeup and skincare and are so particular  about cosmetics and doing a full face every day. Lines and wrinkles would be bothersome to you. 

What I always suggest to women is if not already using Retin A, see your derm and begin with a low dose. Don't expect to see results for 6 months and sometimes a year, but it's a start, right? 

@lindseyemmie  Thank you for your point of view and the same sentiments I have posted here many times.

Esteemed Contributor

Others have given good advice, but if you can't do botox, use your bangs as coverage for the lines. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

And I think we've all seen what regular Botox injections do over time. That weirdly unnatural look. So smooth and tight and frozen looking. That gets more of a negative reaction from others than natural lines and wrinkles. 
yeah I dislike the aging process as much as anyone. On my face and everywhere else. But that's how God planned it so I try  to use a little makeup and humor to carry me through. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try Retinol.  Not prescription not invasive.  I've been using ROC products with Retinol for years.  They're not expensive either.  I use the eye cream and advanced moisture face cream.  I've also started using a new ROC product that's like a filler - called fill and treat serum - it's Retinol but you target it to you lines and wrinkles.  Retinol takes longer to work than Retin-A but it does work.  It'll soften the lines/wrinkles and prevent them from getting worse.

I'm 70 and I didn't have forehead wrinkles 'til my early to mid 60s.  But starting at about 30 I made an effort to take care of my skin.  Prevention really is key.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're in your 60's, @monicakm, it's expected and normal.  I never scrutinized my face enough to even recall when or how lines became apparent, but it probably started sometime after my hysterectomy (55).  I did not go on HRT so my estrogen level went kaput.  Fortunately, good skincare has served me well.  That doesn't mean I'm completely line free either, but they aren't bad.  Try using argireline in the AM and Tretinoin in the PM.  Miracles don't happen overnight so give it several months.  Whatever you do, don't discuss it in front of your granddaughter and create something for her to feel self conscious or obsess about. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm to try to answer your question, I have one deep line across my forehead and one 1 line between the eyes that have been there forever it seems. Other lines don't become noticeable to me until I create an expression, and then they tend to stay a bit.  Some are quite short, and others a bit longer.  I don't have any that are really long or go across the width of my forehead.  The longest line I have is that deep one across the middle of my forehad.