Respected Contributor

Re: For those who have used or even seen Clinique Cheek Pop blush

the clinique looks very bright but when i put it on its very very natural looking. someone on here suggested it . i would never have thought to buy that color, i usually go with roses and peach, this one is really nice

Honored Contributor

On 4/15/2014 mcall1020 said:

the clinique looks very bright but when i put it on its very very natural looking. someone on here suggested it . i would never have thought to buy that color, i usually go with roses and peach, this one is really nice

Which one did you buy, mcall1020?

An FYI to anyone interested in these blushes: As mcall1020 says, they look very bold in the case but look more natural on the skin. I have found through trial and error that the best way to apply is with a stipple brush. I just bought the Real Techniques stipple brush. It's $9.99 at Ulta, and I threw in something for a dollar so that I could use my $3.50 any purchase of $10 or more.

The blush is so dense (so creamy without being a cream) that the brushes I had didn't pick up color very well. This stipple brush picks up just the right amount and applies it so nicely.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

The color of the Clinique kind of reminds me of the color of my favorite blush in Bare Minerals which is fruitcocktail. I will have to check this one out as I find myself using more and more Clinique these days.

Regular Contributor

On 4/15/2014 suzyQ3 said:

An FYI to anyone interested in these blushes: As mcall1020 says, they look very bold in the case but look more natural on the skin. I have found through trial and error that the best way to apply is with a stipple brush. I just bought the Real Techniques stipple brush. It's $9.99 at Ulta, and I threw in something for a dollar so that I could use my $3.50 any purchase of $10 or more.

The blush is so dense (so creamy without being a cream) that the brushes I had didn't pick up color very well. This stipple brush picks up just the right amount and applies it so nicely.

Kristin Gehm did a detailed review of the Clinique Cheek Pops on YouTube. She mentioned that a synthetic brush works well for the application of these blushes. That's probably why the Real Techniques brush is working well for you. Here is the link to her video if anyone is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHRi2_G6v18&list=UUe3Q4mt58tBVojoLcVIExgw

Honored Contributor

On 4/15/2014 luv2playgolf said:
On 4/15/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Kristin Gehm did a detailed review of the Clinique Cheek Pops on YouTube. She mentioned that a synthetic brush works well for the application of these blushes. That's probably why the Real Techniques brush is working well for you. Here is the link to her video if anyone is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHRi2_G6v18&list=UUe3Q4mt58tBVojoLcVIExgw

Thank you for the link, mcall1020.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I picked up Clinique's and just love it. I see no shiny particles in my 10X magnification mirror which is great as I don't like how any shimmers look on me.

I also use a stipple brush and the application is a breeze. Think I'll get another. They have one called Ginger Pop but their demo of it was gone. Can anyone describe what that shade looks like?

Trusted Contributor

10% off all Clinique now at Nordies (free shipping) and L & T!

Super Contributor

I am loving the Plum Pop Cheek pop. It looks brighter in the container than on my face. It finishes like a cream blush.
Honored Contributor

On 4/16/2014 wackers said:

I picked up Clinique's and just love it. I see no shiny particles in my 10X magnification mirror which is great as I don't like how any shimmers look on me.

I also use a stipple brush and the application is a breeze. Think I'll get another. They have one called Ginger Pop but their demo of it was gone. Can anyone describe what that shade looks like?

wackers, if you check out the video that mcall posted here, you can see the ginger. When the blogger gets through the fourth shade, she also shows you all four swatches on her hand.

The ginger and the peach are relatives, with the ginger being more of a browner version -- not as bright. Someone who has the ginger can correct me if that's not a good description. I have the peach, berry, and plum.

Super Contributor

Smile I have a question for those of you who apply the cheek pops with a stippling brush - How do you apply? Sweep the brush across the product and sweep from apple of cheek up toward the temple...........or actually "stipple", i.e. daub the brush on the apples of your cheeks?

The only brush I've ever used for blush is an angled blush brush so I need some info in this area. TIA!