Frequent Contributor

Re: For those who have used or even seen Clinique Cheek Pop blush

I have the plum and berry and when you apply them the colors are very soft and natural looking. When I first saw them I thought they would be way to bright and I would be sending them back. Not so! They are the only blush I now use.

Honored Contributor

I prefer the Clinique ones. They aren't that bright on. The berry pop and I think it's called plum pop are super pretty. I love LG, but her blushes all turn too orange and muddy on me. I don't find these Clinique ones to turn.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

I think I read here that the Clinique GWP at Macy's starts March 31. Seems like the perfect excuse to pick up Peach Pop!

Trusted Contributor

I like the idea of a powder that feels like a cream. Seems like they might do well on my dry skin. I'll have to head over to Macy's and check them out. I've been on the hunt for a new blush and was thinking about JM Gelee or her newer Matchmaker blush but think I'll take a look at Clinique's first.

I have learned that how certain cosmetics look in the pan is so often not how they translate onto the skin. Sure, some are heavily pigmented but that often can be controlled with a light application especially if using a stippling brush. The only heavily pigmented ones that I have ever had issues with were low end brands and they were very difficult to apply, blend and wear.

Higher end cosmetics usually know how to create formulas that might look dark but don't apply that way onto the face, Am excited about checking these Clinique's Cheek Pop's out.

When I saw Laura's online today, it stated it was a baked product and I have not had much luck with her baked products - too drying and often chalky looking on my skin.

Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2014 winamac1 said:

I prefer the Clinique ones. They aren't that bright on. The berry pop and I think it's called plum pop are super pretty. I love LG, but her blushes all turn too orange and muddy on me. I don't find these Clinique ones to turn.

Win, have you tried the LG blush in my opening post? It does seem to be the same idea. I'd love to hear from someone who has tried both.

Right now, though, I wouldn't buy the LG without getting some feedback. At least with the Clinique, I was able to see them in person.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Hi Suzy

I was doing a search on Cheek Pops & saw your post

you can see this Laura Geller blush if you have an Ulta near you

I LOVE blushes & both Gellers/Clinique I want LOL

Respected Contributor

I have both and love both, but If I had to choose: LGs swirl. I'm on waitlist for Rosewater. They act and feel similar, but I would gve LG the edge.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/14/2014 AnnMarie-1 said:

Hi Suzy

Scratch what I just wrote, I saw a different Geller blush (the monochromatic cheek color) at Ulta, not this one

Honored Contributor

Hi Suzy

Scratch what I just wrote, I saw a different Geller blush (the monochromatic cheek color) at Ulta, not this one

Actually, AnnMarie-1, I did see one of her blushes at ULTA that are like the Cheek Pops. It was part of a kit. I tested some on my hand and saw quite a bit of shimmer. I don't know whether that's the case for all the colors, but I noticed online that mica is the first ingredient in LG's, whereas it's way down in the deck for the Cheek Pops.

I noticed that although the LG ones do have good reviews here (as do the Cheek Pops on Sephora), two people mentioned that the blush was too sparkly. I like the very slight luminosity but no apparent shimmer with the Cheek Pops.

Also, at least in the colors I compared, the Clinique does not have silicone, but LG's does. I have no problem whatsoever with silicone, but I know some like to avoid it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

I just came across this thread, and I'm so happy that I did.

I need a new blush, I'm very fair, and for some reason, I have an awful time getting a color and product I'm really happy with.

I have to go downtown today, Macy's, Sephora and Nordies all carry clinique, so, I shouldn't have a problem finding these, I'm going to try it. I think the Plum, but, I'll see.

Looked at the reviews on Sephora and they're great!