Honored Contributor

For those that use Josie Maran Milk

This is a new product for me and think I have finally figured out where it fits best in my skin care routine.  Am curious and would like to know from those who use it - do you use it once or twice a day?  

Honored Contributor

Re: For those that use Josie Maran Milk

@JudyL  I would caution you to be careful about jumping in to twice daily.  I tried the milk many years ago,w hen it was first introduced, and it ended up drying out my face.  I'm sticking with the Skinn Divine Elixer Luminous Oil.  

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

This is a new product for me and think I have finally figured out where it fits best in my skin care routine.  Am curious and would like to know from those who use it - do you use it once or twice a day?  

JudyL - I have dry skin and have been using this since it was first introduced and love it.  I use it twice a day.  I only use Josie's products and for me they do everything she says it does.  

Respected Contributor

As to the milk, I've been using it and find it hard to believe that something so moisturizing could have the opposite effect and dry out skin??  It's made mine very soft and moisturized.  I love the larger size and bought 2 on AD.

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JudyL  I would caution you to be careful about jumping in to twice daily.  I tried the milk many years ago,w hen it was first introduced, and it ended up drying out my face.  I'm sticking with the Skinn Divine Elixer Luminous Oil.  

Your post confirms what I suspected. I am also experiencing dryness. I've used it in the past without an issue. This time, my face feels dry and for the first time ever, dry patches. I think my fine lines are now more prominent. After 2 weeks of my face feeling drier and drier, I am done with it. 

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

As to the milk, I've been using it and find it hard to believe that something so moisturizing could have the opposite effect and dry out skin??  It's made mine very soft and moisturized.  I love the larger size and bought 2 on AD.

I thought the same thing. @santorini, but it was the only change in my routine at the time, so easy to pinpoint.  

Respected Contributor

Twice a day, definitely.  My skin is dry, and I use a good bit more than the "3 to 5" drops JM suggests.  I add moisturizer on top of it around my eyes.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @JudyL 

I am a devotee to this product.  I use it both and I skip it sometimes.  I am not the best with a strict routine.  I just try to follow how my skin looks/feels.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL - I have combination skin, and wore only sunscreen for years. I also have rosacea and am under a dermatologist's care. She said I didn't need to use anything else. A few years ago I noticed my skin was just getting blah and a little dry in some areas. I tried Argan oil but it was too much. Then I tried Argan oil light. I liked that better. 

I was watching Luciene present a TSV with Milk one day and decided to jump in. I am SO glad I did! It makes my skin look better, my makeup goes on smoother, and I just notice a change.

I put it on my bare skin every morning when my face is freshly washed. I let it sink in and get dressed before I do anything else. I press it in and it feels so good.

Depending on my foundation (I'm very fickle!) I follow with sunscreen and primer, or just foundation.

The other day I put on Milk, sunscreen, and my favorite LG primer. I looked in the mirror, and I honestly didn't need foundation! But I did wear it; I still have those dark allergy undereye circles!    Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@justashopper and @beach-mom  - do you find when you use Milk that your other products pill a lot?  I'm finding the product pills a lot on me especially after my nightime routine.  I cleanse, then Milk and then I wait a bit - brush teeth, etc., - before continuing with my other products.  I love how it feels and do think it makes my skin feel very hydrated but the pilling is a no-go for me.  Thinking that Milk doesn't play well with my other products.