Respected Contributor

For those looking for matte eyeshadows...

Last week I ordered tarte's tartlette Amazonian clay matte pallette from Sephora---these just may be the best eyeshadows I have ever used! It's twelve colors, all neutral and ALL matte. The darkest shades also make wonderful eyeliners. They go on smoothly, blend easily and have great color payoff with just a small amount. I don't notice any chalkiness, and there is little to no fallout.

I've used Urban Decay Primer Potion for years, and am still using it with this...but my other shadows never lasted as long as the tarte ones do, even with the primer.

I ordered on Thursday, received on Monday, so pretty fast shipping.

I'm 63, gray hair, brown eyes, fair skin with neutral undertones, just for reference.

Respected Contributor

Re: For those looking for matte eyeshadows...

Elf on Amazon has a matte compact $12 very good quality. Great for brown eyes. No brush.

Respected Contributor

I don’t own the Tarte palette you are referencing, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say they don’t like it. I have been tempted a few times, but the colors as you say are really great. 😊

Respected Contributor

@vermint wrote:

Last week I ordered tarte's tartlette Amazonian clay matte pallette from Sephora---these just may be the best eyeshadows I have ever used! It's twelve colors, all neutral and ALL matte. The darkest shades also make wonderful eyeliners. They go on smoothly, blend easily and have great color payoff with just a small amount. I don't notice any chalkiness, and there is little to no fallout.

I've used Urban Decay Primer Potion for years, and am still using it with this...but my other shadows never lasted as long as the tarte ones do, even with the primer.

I'm 63, gray hair, brown eyes, fair skin with neutral undertones, just for reference.

@vermint  Also, I have a friend who had a small fire at her house and she lost some of her makeup including this Tarte palette. After repairs were done and everything was back in order she told me this was the top palette on her list to repurchase. She loves it and says it’s a staple for her. 😊

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan I think it just may become a staple for me, too! I've used Laura Geller eyeshadows for years, but her pallettes just have too many glittery ones for me anymore. I don't mind a little shimmer sometimes, but some had so much I wasn't using them...so it was a waste of money. 

Honored Contributor

Buxom makes a matte palette too called Suede Seduction with all mattes too. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I bought the exact same palette because all of the colours are matte. I don't mind shimmer but when I see an eyeshadow with glitter, I keep on walking. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last year I made a Paula's Choice purchase and received her $25.00 eyeshadow pallette called 4 Mattes and a Glam as a free gift.  I kind of put it aside not thinking a shadow pallette from her would be very good.  Not sure why.

I started using it last week and I love it.  4 of the colors are neutral/brown and the glam shade is an aubergine color.  It has some shimmer but absolutely no glimmer.  It's perfect for my green eyes and it's the one I wear the most. But the browns are lovely too.  They have a great silky feel, no fallout and last all day.

Esteemed Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@vermint

So glad you mentioned this, as I have a Sephora gift certificate and simply love matte eyeshadows.  Have 9 MAC mattes, but will definitely check this out.  Thanks, again!

Respected Contributor

@sfnative You're welcome...always glad to enable! Woman LOL

Honestly, the more I use these, the more I like them. They're matte without being flat, and don't make me look dull & lifeless like some mattes I've tried.