Respected Contributor

For the body - glycolic acid or retinol?

A couple of years back, Angie of the YouTube channel Hot&Flashy did a video comparing the results of using a glycolic acid body lotion on one leg and a retinol body lotion on the other. In her opinion, the glycolic acid won out, showing slightly more improvement in skin texture. 

The other day, another YouTuber was singing the praises of retinol, saying it had transformed her skin and gotten her arms and legs summer-ready.

For those of you who have tried both, I'd love to know which one came out on top for you! TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: For the body - glycolic acid or retinol?

I've never used a retinol body product. Only used GA lotion on my body. 

If you can't decide which one to use then alternate applications every other week or so depending on how your skin reacts with that order.

Honored Contributor

Paulas Choice has both. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse 

I remember that video!  I actually buy PTRs humongous Retinol and add a few drops to my favorite body treatment and I've noticed my skin feels even softer than without it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I saw that video as well. That is when I started using the glycolic cream that @SilleeMee recommends. I have extreme dry skin and it has transformed my skin.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife @Texasmouse   Yep... PTR Retinol changed the texture of my skin.  The back of my arms,  elbows,  all over...   silky smooth.   I'll use it straight from the huge bottle some days and other times I'll mix it with a lotion or cream.  I do like to apply it straight on the areas that COULD have issues like back of arms, elbows and knees. 

FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS....

I'm on AD and have several bottles as back ups!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hmm... looks like a split, so far... 🤔

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife , which retinol from PTR??

Is it specifically for body?  I might be interested. 

I will say, I haven't cared for his other retinol, the pm, blue bottle, never saw anything impressive...tried a few bottles to give it time.  

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee
Forgive me for missing that GA body cream recommendation; would you mind posting it again since MG Chris has had such good luck with? I would like to get ready for some summer dresses đź‘—
Ty
Honored Contributor

@Midmod wrote:
@SilleeMee
Forgive me for missing that GA body cream recommendation; would you mind posting it again since MG Chris has had such good luck with? I would like to get ready for some summer dresses đź‘—
Ty

@Midmod 

It's the Alpha Skin Care Body Lotion.

Alpha Skin Care Revitalizing Body Lotion with 12% Glycolic AHA, Simple and Effective Multi-Purpose Daily Moisturizer Hydrates and Exfoliates with