Respected Contributor

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance

I am almost through with my first bottle of Paul Smith's Rose and will reorder. Something I rarely do!! I have the 1 oz Eau de Parfum.

One thing I really like about it is that it lasts and does not fade away.

I wish it came in a roller ball or purse size.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3My mom really loves rose scents but pure rose scents, not the super florally fake ones so many have so I guess I am going to have to get this for her for Christmas to try. I like the packaging someone showed too, with the floral bag. From the description, it sounds like she will love it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3My mom really loves rose scents but pure rose scents, not the super florally fake ones so many have so I guess I am going to have to get this for her for Christmas to try. I like the packaging someone showed too, with the floral bag. From the description, it sounds like she will love it. Thanks for the recommendation!

The good thing is that if she should not like it, you weren't out big buck. You might take a look at the notes for this fragrance to see whether there is anything that she might not favor.

The rose is fresh but with a little kick of something. One thing I recommend is not overspraying, even though this an EDT. And for an EDT, it surely has good longevity, at least on me.

@HappyDaze

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I'm currently alternating between this fragrance (that I bought on @suzyQ3's recommendation and love) and Burberry's classic one. The rose fragrance feels as appropriate now as it did in the warmer weather - timeless!

Esteemed Contributor

For some reason this thread popped up as a current one for me again, but I'm glad it did.  It reminds me that I never thanked the OP for the recommendation of Paul Smith's beautiful fragrance.  @suzyQ3, Thanks so much for the recommendation.  A year after buying the first bottle, I am now into bottle #2 (a repeat purchase)!  This scent has become a go-to for me when I'm staring at the frangrance bottles and trying to decide which one today.  

For those who want something that smells delightful, is long-lasting, feminine, but not overpowering at a price far  less than the $65 to over $100 many fine colognes, eau de toilettes, and eau de parfums cost for 2 ounces, this is one to try.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Sounds really nice...i love rose...but it has to fresh and light...thanks for posting
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
Sounds really nice...i love rose...but it has to fresh and light...thanks for posting

@Dazlin, it is not a complicated rose. It's not dark or heavy. But of course, fragrance is always very subjective.

As much as I like it, I have moved on. But I would still recommend trying it, especially since it is relatively inexpensive  I think you can get a 3.3 ounce bottle on fragrancenet for under $25.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland