Honored Contributor

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance

@77yangya wrote:

The only thing is that if you don't like it you can't return it and for thirty bucks I don't want to be stuck with a perfume I can't return.  I mean, I've purchased so many lotions and perfumes and you name it that I decided I didn't like or liked something better so I always go with something I can return.  What I do now is, I go the a site called "The Perfumed Court" but it's not there.  They sell samples of all kinds of perfumes for a few bucks like three or five and you get a little vile or a small spritzer.  If you love it you can get a regular size but if you don't like it you're not stuck with a bottle.  Thank you though.  I still may go for it.  Got to mull it over.  I just purchased the SCM by Chaz Dean and that one's in the three figures but if I don't like it I can return it.  I didn't get it yet so I have to see.  I returned two of his perfumes so far but kept four.

@77yangya, I've had a couple unsuccessful blind buys, plus some buys that just didn't work out once I got home, so I totally understand your reluctance.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3:

My Paul Smith eau de parfum arrived!

1. It is actually made in FRANCE!

2. Adore the tiny cotton rose bag that comes with the bottle!!

812cmym09fL._SL1500_.jpg

A very sweet scent! Delightful.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@suzyQ3:

My Paul Smith eau de parfum arrived!

1. It is actually made in FRANCE!

2. Adore the tiny cotton rose bag that comes with the bottle!!

812cmym09fL._SL1500_.jpg

A very sweet scent! Delightful.

Yay!  Enjoy it, @1Professor

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3

I received my bottle of Paul Smith Rose yesterday! I was relieved that it arrived on a Saturday because I was not at work and was able to take it out of the mailbox soon after it arrived, rather than after a work day, where it would've been "baking" in our 95+ heat for at least five hours before I would've been able to pick it up. I love the fragrance on me! It's a beautifully soft, powdery rose scent with just a hint of fresh citrus that keeps it from being "heavy". This "feels" elegant and it's the scent I'll wear to my son's wedding next month. 😊

Frequent Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

ETA: Speaking of not being able to smell a perfume, for years I wore Lancome's Miracle EDP. It was before I started branching out, so it was the only perfume I wore.

Now I am completely and totally anosmic to it. I could probably spray the whole bottle on me and not smell it; I'd surely clear a room quickly, though.:-) I did love it, but I don't wear it anymore. What's the point if I can't at least enjoy a scent a little bit?

It's not often that I come across a word I have never heard or seen before in my 56 years of life, but ANOSMIC is one. It's a great word to have in my repetoire if I come across comeone who drowns in fragrance......

I need another fragrance like I need another hole in my head, but this one sounds really nice, especially since I like the scent of the Jo Malone but not the price....

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@suzyQ3

I received my bottle of Paul Smith Rose yesterday! I was relieved that it arrived on a Saturday because I was not at work and was able to take it out of the mailbox soon after it arrived, rather than after a work day, where it would've been "baking" in our 95+ heat for at least five hours before I would've been able to pick it up. I love the fragrance on me! It's a beautifully soft, powdery rose scent with just a hint of fresh citrus that keeps it from being "heavy". This "feels" elegant and it's the scent I'll wear to my son's wedding next month. 😊

Hi, @Texasmouse. Yes, I'm glad your fragrance didn't sit in the heat. It probably would have survived unscathed, but it is best to store them away from light and heat.

I'm so glad you like the scent. I think it's one that could be easily be worn year-round and day or night.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BostonMom 59 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

ETA: Speaking of not being able to smell a perfume, for years I wore Lancome's Miracle EDP. It was before I started branching out, so it was the only perfume I wore.

Now I am completely and totally anosmic to it. I could probably spray the whole bottle on me and not smell it; I'd surely clear a room quickly, though.:-) I did love it, but I don't wear it anymore. What's the point if I can't at least enjoy a scent a little bit?

It's not often that I come across a word I have never heard or seen before in my 56 years of life, but ANOSMIC is one. It's a great word to have in my repetoire if I come across comeone who drowns in fragrance......

I need another fragrance like I need another hole in my head, but this one sounds really nice, especially since I like the scent of the Jo Malone but not the price....

@BostonMom 59, it's certainly odd how a person becomes unable to smell a certain perfume. It could be from overuse or maybe just the person's chemistry or something. For all I know, Miracle might have been reformulated at some time and the longevity was compromised. If I stick my nose in it, yes, I get a slight whiff. But that's it.

Anyway, if you do decide at some point to try Paul Smith Rose, I hope you enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

@BostonMom 59 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Personally, I like Paul Smith's much better than Jo Malone.

It is more subtle, mixed floral notes and a hint of spice.I wish it were available locally!

Contributor

I wanted to thank you for your rose fragrance recommendations. I bought the Paul Smith rose and absolutely love it!

I just ordered the Chloe rose fragrance and I am sure I will love that one as well.

You were the sweet person who helped me when I was a new poster. Thank you for all the good advice you give.

Honored Contributor

@rosi red wrote:

I wanted to thank you for your rose fragrance recommendations. I bought the Paul Smith rose and absolutely love it!

I just ordered the Chloe rose fragrance and I am sure I will love that one as well.

You were the sweet person who helped me when I was a new poster. Thank you for all the good advice you give.

What a very kind post. Thank you so much, @rosi red. Heart

I'm thrilled that you like Paul Smith Rose. I have and also like the Chloe Roses de Chloe. It's not quite so crisp or realistic but more warm or romantic (I sure why those two adjectives come to mind. :-) But anyway, they are both wonderful.