Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,037
Registered: ‎04-30-2012

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance

Matrix volume rose you will probably like

Regular Contributor
Posts: 189
Registered: ‎07-17-2010

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance

OMG!!! I ordered this fragrance on your suggestion SuzyQ3, and I LOVE it!!!  I just got it today. There is such a FEMININE note in this, I'm not sure what it is, but it just smells beautiful!  You can definitely smell roses, but it's not "in your face" roses.  I just absolutely am in love with this fragrance.  I would say it's for year round, but definitely a great summer fragrance!  Thank you SO much for your recommendation SuzyQ3

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,100
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance


@Klmor wrote:

OMG!!! I ordered this fragrance on your suggestion SuzyQ3, and I LOVE it!!!  I just got it today. There is such a FEMININE note in this, I'm not sure what it is, but it just smells beautiful!  You can definitely smell roses, but it's not "in your face" roses.  I just absolutely am in love with this fragrance.  I would say it's for year round, but definitely a great summer fragrance!  Thank you SO much for your recommendation SuzyQ3


I'm so glad you love it, @Klmor.

 

 


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,659
Registered: ‎12-07-2014

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance


@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm kind of a perfume freak these days, and I have an eclectic stash. Rose has become one of my favorite notes, and I have several scents that feature it, some more and some less.

 

If you want a very pure, crisp, clean, fresh rose that is not sweet and that truly smells like the flower and not some cloying, syrupy rendition of it, I highly recommend Paul Smith Rose Eau de Parfum.

 

From fragrantica: "It opens with the notes of violet, rose and green tea. The heart is composed of Turkish Rose and magnolia, while the base brings cedar and musk accords." The reviews on fragrantica are excellent.

 

It was one of my most  successful blind buys. You can find a 3.4 oz EDP for under $30, so that makes it one heck of a bargain as well.

 

I paid $25 and change on fragrancenet. And since they honor ShopRunner, I also received 2-day, free shipping. If you use that site, be sure to click on the coupon. It's available on other sites as well.

 

Rose

Disclaimer: This is not a scent for those who dislike rose (but it's also not an in-your-face rose bomb either.)


@suzyQ3: I adore rose fragrance, though hae a hard time finding a great perfume (too weak, too strong).

 

Just ordered this one on your recommendation! It will be a summer treat! 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,100
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance


@1Professor wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm kind of a perfume freak these days, and I have an eclectic stash. Rose has become one of my favorite notes, and I have several scents that feature it, some more and some less.

 

If you want a very pure, crisp, clean, fresh rose that is not sweet and that truly smells like the flower and not some cloying, syrupy rendition of it, I highly recommend Paul Smith Rose Eau de Parfum.

 

From fragrantica: "It opens with the notes of violet, rose and green tea. The heart is composed of Turkish Rose and magnolia, while the base brings cedar and musk accords." The reviews on fragrantica are excellent.

 

It was one of my most  successful blind buys. You can find a 3.4 oz EDP for under $30, so that makes it one heck of a bargain as well.

 

I paid $25 and change on fragrancenet. And since they honor ShopRunner, I also received 2-day, free shipping. If you use that site, be sure to click on the coupon. It's available on other sites as well.

 

Rose

Disclaimer: This is not a scent for those who dislike rose (but it's also not an in-your-face rose bomb either.)


@suzyQ3: I adore rose fragrance, though hae a hard time finding a great perfume (too weak, too strong).

 

Just ordered this one on your recommendation! It will be a summer treat! 


@1Professor, of course I hope that you enjoy it. But at least it's a quite a bargain in case you don't. :-)


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎06-25-2010

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance

I just saw this post and thought I would comment. You may wish to try Jo Malone's fragrance line. She does a very nice one called Red Roses. Another favorite of mine is her English Pear and Freesia. It's a lovely delicate and fresh scent. 😊
Valued Contributor
Posts: 718
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance

Suzy thank you so much for pointing rose lovers to this affordable fragrance. I just placed my order in time as fragrancenet showed only 3 left. I am excited to try this.
Happy 4th.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,100
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance


@Lalley wrote:
Suzy thank you so much for pointing rose lovers to this affordable fragrance. I just placed my order in time as fragrancenet showed only 3 left. I am excited to try this.
Happy 4th.

@Lalley, You're most welcome. I hope you enjoy it. And a happy Fourth to you, too.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,353
Registered: ‎06-21-2011

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance

That sounds VERY interesting.  I like rose scent.  It reminds me of one time, it had to be around five or six years ago, Dove put out a scented soap called Sandelwood Rose and I absolutely loved it.  Of course they discontinued it to make SO many others that I didn't like.  That one just cut it, it sounded very much like what you're describing in that it was not harsh and loud but just right.  I may go for it.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,353
Registered: ‎06-21-2011

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance

The only thing is that if you don't like it you can't return it and for thirty bucks I don't want to be stuck with a perfume I can't return.  I mean, I've purchased so many lotions and perfumes and you name it that I decided I didn't like or liked something better so I always go with something I can return.  What I do now is, I go the a site called "The Perfumed Court" but it's not there.  They sell samples of all kinds of perfumes for a few bucks like three or five and you get a little vile or a small spritzer.  If you love it you can get a regular size but if you don't like it you're not stuck with a bottle.  Thank you though.  I still may go for it.  Got to mull it over.  I just purchased the SCM by Chaz Dean and that one's in the three figures but if I don't like it I can return it.  I didn't get it yet so I have to see.  I returned two of his perfumes so far but kept four.