Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance

I love rose fragrances. Part of it is nostalgic -- it's reminds me of my amazing GGM -- but also is just a beautiful scent, IMO. I'll definitely have to check this out when I get a free moment. I guess if it turns straight funky on me, I can just ship it over to you, @suzyQ3! Lol!

Honored Contributor

Just be very careful to keep the application of the scent to a minimum as it can be very annoying to others, even rose lovers.  I had a friend who adopted it as her own and wore it every day.  As time went on she became "nose blind" to it and she used more and more.  I could hardly stand to be in the same room.  It became nauseating. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yesterday, I ate breakfast at a small cafe.  It's kind of a "ladies who lunch" place with fresh upscale food.  At one end of this cafe (it's a small gift end with baskets that you can have made up for people) I saw a cupboard displaying a brand of perfumes with matching body lotions and bubble bath. The bottles were so fresh and beautiful.  It's called Lollia (by Margot Elena).

The owner saw me looking and gave me a bunch of samples.  The first one I tried is callled In Love.  At first I thought it smelled like a soft floral and a bit fruity but as it dried down and hour or so later, I noticed this beautiful soft rose coming through.   Soft and beautiful and for women, I think, who don't want something too powerful. 

I was also given samples of three others from "Lollia" and am anxious to try them. Their names are Wish, Breathe,  and Relax.  Has anyone else tried this line?  

I am looking for a soft rose scent.  I will have to sample the Paul Smith one, too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Just be very careful to keep the application of the scent to a minimum as it can be very annoying to others, even rose lovers.  I had a friend who adopted it as her own and wore it every day.  As time went on she became "nose blind" to it and she used more and more.  I could hardly stand to be in the same room.  It became nauseating. 

Certainly good advice for any perfume.

I hope that anyone who purchases this one doesn't find it too overpowering, but then again, fragrance is totally subjective. With any perfume, I always try to spray very lightly. Also, I never decide upon a scent immediately upon application. The mid- and bottom notes are more important.

ETA: Speaking of not being able to smell a perfume, for years I wore Lancome's Miracle EDP. It was before I started branching out, so it was the only perfume I wore.

Now I am completely and totally anosmic to it. I could probably spray the whole bottle on me and not smell it; I'd surely clear a room quickly, though.:-) I did love it, but I don't wear it anymore. What's the point if I can't at least enjoy a scent a little bit?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm kind of a perfume freak these days, and I have an eclectic stash. Rose has become one of my favorite notes, and I have several scents that feature it, some more and some less.

If you want a very pure, crisp, clean, fresh rose that is not sweet and that truly smells like the flower and not some cloying, syrupy rendition of it, I highly recommend Paul Smith Rose Eau de Parfum.

From fragrantica: "It opens with the notes of violet, rose and green tea. The heart is composed of Turkish Rose and magnolia, while the base brings cedar and musk accords." The reviews on fragrantica are excellent.

It was one of my most  successful blind buys. You can find a 3.4 oz EDP for under $30, so that makes it one heck of a bargain as well.

I paid $25 and change on fragrancenet. And since they honor ShopRunner, I also received 2-day, free shipping. If you use that site, be sure to click on the coupon. It's available on other sites as well.

Rose

Disclaimer: This is not a scent for those who dislike rose (but it's also not an in-your-face rose bomb either.)

What a surprise to see this bottle! I own the perfume and love it. I admired it on a friend in Brussels and she told me what it was. I ordered it when I got home. I have never seen it in the States.

To me it is not 'pure' rose but has a little bit of depth and a tad of spice in it. Like rose but better!

Having said that, when I admired it on my friend, I knew right away it was rose. I think it is popular in Europe.

It is my understanding that it is based on a rose that Paul Smith's wife grew in her garden. Lovely...but as stated you must like rose.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 Wouldn't you know it .... Miracle has been my go to for years .... switched up with Tocca Jiulietta . I only use tiny amounts because I am very sensitive, and still love them more than all the rest.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skuggles wrote:

@suzyQ3 Wouldn't you know it .... Miracle has been my go to for years .... switched up with Tocca Jiulietta . I only use tiny amounts because I am very sensitive, and still love them more than all the rest.

@skuggles, sisters from different misters. Heart

Tiny amounts are the way to go. You can always spritz again later, but you can't do anything but scrub off too many spritzes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm kind of a perfume freak these days, and I have an eclectic stash. Rose has become one of my favorite notes, and I have several scents that feature it, some more and some less.

If you want a very pure, crisp, clean, fresh rose that is not sweet and that truly smells like the flower and not some cloying, syrupy rendition of it, I highly recommend Paul Smith Rose Eau de Parfum.

From fragrantica: "It opens with the notes of violet, rose and green tea. The heart is composed of Turkish Rose and magnolia, while the base brings cedar and musk accords." The reviews on fragrantica are excellent.

It was one of my most  successful blind buys. You can find a 3.4 oz EDP for under $30, so that makes it one heck of a bargain as well.

I paid $25 and change on fragrancenet. And since they honor ShopRunner, I also received 2-day, free shipping. If you use that site, be sure to click on the coupon. It's available on other sites as well.

Rose

Disclaimer: This is not a scent for those who dislike rose (but it's also not an in-your-face rose bomb either.)

@suzyQ3

I ordered the smaller size bottle to try, based on your recommendation. Can't wait to try it. 😃

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 I received the fragrance today!!! I love it! Just the change I was looking for. Woman Very Happy Heart Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

@suzyQ3 I received the fragrance today!!! I love it! Just the change I was looking for. Woman Very Happy Heart Thank you!

@skuggles

happy dance