Honored Contributor

For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance

I'm kind of a perfume freak these days, and I have an eclectic stash. Rose has become one of my favorite notes, and I have several scents that feature it, some more and some less.

If you want a very pure, crisp, clean, fresh rose that is not sweet and that truly smells like the flower and not some cloying, syrupy rendition of it, I highly recommend Paul Smith Rose Eau de Parfum.

From fragrantica: "It opens with the notes of violet, rose and green tea. The heart is composed of Turkish Rose and magnolia, while the base brings cedar and musk accords." The reviews on fragrantica are excellent.

It was one of my most  successful blind buys. You can find a 3.4 oz EDP for under $30, so that makes it one heck of a bargain as well.

I paid $25 and change on fragrancenet. And since they honor ShopRunner, I also received 2-day, free shipping. If you use that site, be sure to click on the coupon. It's available on other sites as well.

Rose

Disclaimer: This is not a scent for those who dislike rose (but it's also not an in-your-face rose bomb either.)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: For rose lovers only -- a wonderful fragrance

Thanks for that info.  I love the smell of roses.

Esteemed Contributor

You got my interest with violet and rose top notes.  Thanks for sharing. 

Respected Contributor

I am a perfume freak myself, but have been so disappointed in my purchases of late, that I was going to throw in the towel especially on blind purchases. But this one sounds so good ... I'm going to cave and get it. Thanks for the rec.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3:

With the fragrantica description you gave of opening notes of violet, rose and green tea, it sounds nice, especially if it's not an "in-your-face rose bomb."  Thanks for the tip!  

Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

I am a perfume freak myself, but have been so disappointed in my purchases of late, that I was going to throw in the towel especially on blind purchases. But this one sounds so good ... I'm going to cave and get it. Thanks for the rec.

@skuggles, hi, so good to "see" you again.

I do hope that you like it. It's a rose that is fresh and green enough to wear in summer, as well as the rest of the year.

If you hate it, please don't blame me -- at least I didn't recommend one that was super expoensive. :-) To  me, this just smells as if it is. I also have Chloe Roses de Chloe and like it. It's a bit sweeter IMO and not as crisp or refreshing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 I'm not gonna blame you... I'm gonna thank you for expanding my fragrance horizon. Smiley Tongue Thirty dollars is not so expenxsive when it comes to fragrance, and I think the other notes in this fragrance will run the necessary interference with what usually is much too intense in most rose fragrances. I am very sensitive now to the smell of artificial ingredients so I'll do a bit more checking, but it really gets wondeerful reviews on Amazon too. But then again there is a very enthusiastic audience for any and every fragrance if you read a lot of fragrance reviews, and I do. Woman Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skuggles wrote:

@suzyQ3 I'm not gonna blame you... I'm gonna thank you for expanding my fragrance horizon. Smiley Tongue Thirty dollars is not so expenxsive when it comes to fragrance, and I think the other notes in this fragrance will run the necessary interference with what usually is much too intense in most rose fragrances. I am very sensitive now to the smell of artificial ingredients so I'll do a bit more checking, but it really gets wondeerful reviews on Amazon too. But then again there is a very enthusiastic audience for any and every fragrance if you read a lot of fragrance reviews, and I do. Woman Very Happy

@skuggles, yes, and it all really comes down to personal taste and body chemistry. This frag may smell wonderful on me but stink on you. Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

LOL Yep probably gonna stink on me haha

Trusted Contributor

This sounds fabulous!Heart

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning