Respected Contributor

Re: For fun - What Product(s) have you been using since your teens or early 20's?

Head n Shoulders shampoo.

Honored Contributor

Re: For fun - What Product(s) have you been using since your teens or early 20's?

Clearasil

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Nothing really.  With all the advances in skincare and amakeup, as my skin and hair changes,  I always seem to find something that is better than I use every so often.  There were so few products available back in the '60's and 70's so choices were limited.  I remember the greasy ponds stuff, smelly noxema and heavy foundations and powder - yuck!!!

Respected Contributor

maybelline mascara

revlon lipsticks

Respected Contributor

I’ve used a BufPuf body scrubber since they introduced it decades ago. They still sell the scrubber pads, but they don’t sell the plastic “holder” anymore. I guess I’ll have to resort to duct tape if mine breaks. 

Esteemed Contributor

I still buy a tub of Pond's CC or Noxema during the dry, cold months of winter.

Avon Skin-so-soft bath oil as a bug repellent when I'm outdoors.

Revlon lipsticks (especially Softsilver Red) since my 20's (1970's).

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I use Dove soap sometimes. I also have some Sea Breeze astringent but rarely use it.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@scatcat   I know the cost to get the gifts back then (for me late 1960s) were so cheap compared to today!  It's all relative.

I remember when a GWP was usually $19.50 sometimes a little less. That was alot of money in the 60's though.

Frequent Contributor

Sunscreen. Others than that, None. I’ll only use paraben-free items now. So many better options out there now. When I was a teen, I didn’t use much, and it was all drug store items from Sav-On!
Super Contributor

Fun question---always have a jar of Ponds on hand for cleaning off eye makeup.