Super Contributor

Re: For Those of You Who Are Challenged With Blowdrying...

On 8/12/2014 lavendar said:

Thank you. I have a bad shoulder and get exhausted before I'm through. Just got the Perfecter and have a lot of WEN!

The two make an incredible combination - I also have a bad shoulder and this tool makes everything so much easier!

Super Contributor

On 8/12/2014 luvthatboxer said: I have not really been blow dry challenged, but my hair is very short now so that is pretty much a non issue anymore. I must admit though, that I have wanted to try this item after seeing them use it on short hair. Sometimes I could use a little volume!

How short is your hair? I used a hot air brush back when my hair was a bit above shoulder length (it's below BSL now) and I found that flipping the ends, if you can, makes a world of difference.

Obviously if you have something like a pixie cut you don't need to worry about this, but if you have anything below ear length (maybe chin length depending on your layers) flipping the ends can seriously make or break your style as far as how much volume you get.

Respected Contributor

The Perfecter isn't the answer for me. I use it some days, but what I found made the bigger difference was changing my blow dryer. I'm now using a Babyliss travel dryer which works better than my full size ones! Maybe it's the angle I can get when I use it (since it's so much lighter and smaller). All I know is my hair looks much better the days I cleanse (also use WEN). However, the day or two after I still can't figure out how to make my hair look just as good! I suppose I could cleanse everyday (even though it's really not necessary), but then my color definitely won't last as long. Still trying to find the right balance...

Super Contributor

On 8/12/2014 sueinsf said:

The Perfecter isn't the answer for me. I use it some days, but what I found made the bigger difference was changing my blow dryer. I'm now using a Babyliss travel dryer which works better than my full size ones! Maybe it's the angle I can get when I use it (since it's so much lighter and smaller). All I know is my hair looks much better the days I cleanse (also use WEN). However, the day or two after I still can't figure out how to make my hair look just as good! I suppose I could cleanse everyday (even though it's really not necessary), but then my color definitely won't last as long. Still trying to find the right balance...

Ironically, the Perfecter is the answer for my second and third day hair as well as right after I cleanse (but only when I use it when there's a bit of moisture in my hair, since the 80% dry thing is key for me).

It's strange because if I use it on completely dry hair right after I cleanse, it zaps out any volume I may get; if I use it on second day hair, though, along with a few spritzes of RTM, it refreshes my style perfectly.

Super Contributor

Thanks Ryleigh, for sharing this info. I have been on the fence for awhile about the Perfector...you may have pushed me off!
Valued Contributor

I am still learning to blowout my own hair which is quite long and I am quite short so my arms are just not long enough sometimes! LOL! Here is my question... Do any of you who are using or have used the Calista Tools Perfecter, do you feel it damages your hair over time because it is heat being applied directly you your hair? I have been curious about this for some time now! Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

On 8/12/2014 sueinsf said:

Good point, you brought out.

Respected Contributor

When I had to cut off all my hair because of extreme damage, it was so easy to blow dry, you just twirl the brush and you hold the dryer there but as it got longer it got harder, of course. Now it's almost at my waist and it is very challenging but I'm determined. My hair is turning platinum and it makes me sad because I had really nice brown hair. The only thing I didn't like about it was the red pigment in it. I always tried to get rid of that but all the salons I would go to about it said it's hard to cover up because I had a lot of it. I'd take the red highlights over what I'm getting now. Grass is always greener, right?{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor

I've been using a hot air brush for years. I, too, seem to be challenged when it comes to blowdrying with a regular blowdryer and round brush!

I can't remember the brand I have (I'm not at home right now so I can't look), but I know I got it at Sally Beauty Supply. I love it - I'm on my second or third one now.

I do use a blowdryer right after I wash my hair to get the majority of the water out but to finish and style, nothing beats the air brush.

Super Contributor

Anyone have the T3 heated brush?