Esteemed Contributor

For Those Who Like Body Butters...

If you enjoy body butters, The Body Shop is having a site-wide sale, including their body butter products.  For half-price, and free shipping for most, you can enjoy tubs of their creamy butter for $10.  The scents are light, and I think this product really delivers.  This is a good time to stock up for yourself and for welcome gifts.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: For Those Who Like Body Butters...

Hi PamfromCT, do you think it's as good as the Josie Maran argan body butter? I just got a tub of it in Vanilla Pear for the first time, and I just love it. Thanks!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting this!  Although I fell in love with Josie Maran's Citrus body butters and like the Citrus/Lavender, I ordered the Vanilla one (19oz) and it came yesterday and I can't stand the smell.  I only put a little on the tops of my hands and I couldn't get away from it!  Had to wash it off the best I could!  Wow...  and I love the smell of vanilla so I was unpleasantly surprised.  Also, mine had an air pocket the size of an egg~!  I know it's by weight but it's disconcerting....

I went to the website you recommended and am thinking of orderling a Mega size in the Grapefruit scent... hope it's soft scent, but I never go wrong with any of the citrus scents,...

thanks again.... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Thank you for posting this!  Although I fell in love with Josie Maran's Citrus body butters and like the Citrus/Lavender, I ordered the Vanilla one (19oz) and it came yesterday and I can't stand the smell.  I only put a little on the tops of my hands and I couldn't get away from it!  Had to wash it off the best I could!  Wow...  and I love the smell of vanilla so I was unpleasantly surprised.  Also, mine had an air pocket the size of an egg~!  I know it's by weight but it's disconcerting....

I went to the website you recommended and am thinking of orderling a Mega size in the Grapefruit scent... hope it's soft scent, but I never go wrong with any of the citrus scents,...

thanks again.... Woman LOL

If you like citrus, I highly recommend their satsuma scent.  It smells sooooooo good! 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up!...I love their Coconut Body Butter!...I'm headed to their site now to stock up for Winter!...I think I will try a couple of their Body Mists also!...Great prices!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Valued Contributor

They had a mandarin orange one that smelled amazing awhile back. I don't shop there often so don't know if its still around.

Frequent Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

If you enjoy body butters, The Body Shop is having a site-wide sale, including their body butter products.  For half-price, and free shipping for most, you can enjoy tubs of their creamy butter for $10.  The scents are light, and I think this product really delivers.  This is a good time to stock up for yourself and for welcome gifts.

Thanks for the info.

Regular Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

They had a mandarin orange one that smelled amazing awhile back. I don't shop there often so don't know if its still around.

I think you must be talking about the satsuma scent.  It does smell amazing and it's my favorite!

I love the shower gel, too.  It's a really fresh and bright scent.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala wrote:

Hi PamfromCT, do you think it's as good as the Josie Maran argan body butter? I just got a tub of it in Vanilla Pear for the first time, and I just love it. Thanks!

Hi @sunala, I wish I could answer your question, but I have never tried Josie's products.  I use Argan oil, but I get mine (100 percent pure, cold-pressed, manufactured in Morocco) for substantially less money from Amazon.  The brand is Majestic Pure.  I have only used body butters from the Body Shop, so I have no way of comparing.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u, I've found with the creamy vanilla body butter something no other has, which is that when you first put it on it has a weird off-putting smell almost like the plastic of the jar.  But around ten minutes after I put it everywhere, it dries down like a cologne,  and the smell is heavenly.