Honored Contributor

Re: For The Drugstore Divas...Best of 2021

I always enjoy watching YTers like Allie Glines, Emily Noel, etc., even though they are much younger than me.  Some products work for me, some don't, some are appropriate for my age, some are not - that would be true with any YTer young or older - so their age is not a factor for me.

Super Contributor

I watch YT'ers of different ages but at the open of this video, she went into glitter. Nothing wrong with that but I don't use glitter so didn't finish watching while on my treadmill.  Yesterday I was watching an older YT'er, and even though she was age appropriate (if there is such a thing?), I could not stand her or her style!  Yikes, she was just piling on products and the whole thing grossed me out.  LOL.  I prefer the ones that make it fun, have similar coloring to me and use products that may interest me (regardless of age). Sometimes their voices get to me, too.  Oh, now I'm really complaining, sorry!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

As  you know, outside links are against the law here.  So no, I'm not including a link and no I'm not looking for drugstore recs.  I posted the name of the YTer and the title like I've done many many times.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Products are always listed below the video.  Looks like some of the links aren't working tho. 

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped 

I didn't realize some of the links weren't working.  I don't shop drugstore makeup/skincare.  I just checked tho and some are working.  Maybe she's in the process of fixing broken links.  

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

Why?  Why would I go thru ALL the products she mentions in the video when you could watch it if  you're interested?  Or check out the links to the products that 99% of YTers list under the video.  It seems as tho some of her links don't work but if you're interested in a certain product, look for it at your local drugstore.  

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@pupwhipped 

I didn't realize some of the links weren't working.  I don't shop drugstore makeup/skincare.  I just checked tho and some are working.  Maybe she's in the process of fixing broken links.  

Thanks, @monicakm. Yes, I think she had a real glitch as I clicked on several of them with no luck. I love drugstore makeup and find it interesting to see what others like and recommend. Thanks again. 

Honored Contributor

@scatcat 

That goes without saying.  The only YTer I took her word for on most everything was Mel Thompson.  She won't be for everyone but she was for me.  Did I BUY all  the products she mentioned?  Uh, almost Smiley Happy  Did I like all the products I  purchased?  Yes Smiley Happy  Was she half my age?  Pretty much.  Did I let the age difference bother me?  Nope!

Honored Contributor

There will always be some things you can take away and some things you can't.  If you were 30-something, I'm sure not all of her recommendations would work for you.  But no one is making you watch the the video just as no one is making me purchase beauty/skincare products mentioned here that I'm not interested in.  So don't watch Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Exactly @JudyL 

I don't know why others here can't see that logic.