Honored Contributor

For Lip Gloss Lovers

[ Edited ]

A couple months ago I bought a set of four full-sized Glo Mineral lip glosses (Glo Minerals Keepsake Collection Lip Gloss Tin) because the price was so good and I liked the shades. They were $32 but 20% off with a promo code on dermstore.  I had previously not been familiar with this brand.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of these glosses, and I've used them quite often. So I noticed today that they are on sale for $22.75 on lovelyskin.com, which is an excellent site that always offers free shipping on all orders.

Four full-sized glosses for a total of $22.75 isn't too shabby, especially considering that each one retails for $17.

img-thing.jpg

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I should add that I liked them enough to buy two single colors last week when they were on sale at lovelyskin.com. Still, I ended up paying a few pennies more for those two than this set of four now costs.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Hi SuzyQ, would you mind letting me know if they are more sheer or opaque, thick or sticky at all, any "scent" or "taste" to them, and lasting power?

I like the look of 3 of the 4 colors. I may give them a try! Thanks for the rec!

Honored Contributor

Re: For Lip Gloss Lovers

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

Hi SuzyQ, would you mind letting me know if they are more sheer or opaque, thick or sticky at all, any "scent" or "taste" to them, and lasting power?

I like the look of 3 of the 4 colors. I may give them a try! Thanks for the rec!

@HappyDaze

I'll try my best. Peony and Brown Sugar are quite sheer; Lily is just slightly more opaque but still not opaque by any means; and Cherry Blossom is fairly opaque and would be particularly nice alone if the shade suits you but could also be combined with a lipstick or another gloss.

They have a nice shine and a very, very subtle shimmer. If someone wants a strong shimmer or glitter, these won't please.

They are glosses, but I don't find them to be particularly thick or sticky at all. There are 34 reviews of the single glosses on the site, and they are just about all five-stars. Many said that they liked that the gloss wasn't sticky.

They do have a light vanilla scent, which no one mentioned in the reviews. I don't notice it for long, but YMMV.

FYI: This particular item is non-refundable, probably because of the steep discount.

HTH.