Trusted Contributor

Re: For ASDM skincare fans- this cream is incredibly moisturizing!!!

On 2/25/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/25/2015 UMDTerpFan said:

Thanks Virgosun, I'm looking for a highly moisturizing cream to buy. I'd forgotten all about this brand but do remember that there were a lot of rave reviews about it on this board a couple of months ago. Will def check it out!

There was an ongoing thread for sometime, led by one poster whose nic I can't recall. But it died down after she started posting about having some adverse reactions to one or more of the products, if I recall correctly.

Thanks SuzyQ3, I'll do an advanced search to see if I can find what her subsequent issues were.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

Thanks Virgosun, I'm looking for a highly moisturizing cream to buy. I'd forgotten all about this brand but do remember that there were a lot of rave reviews about it on this board a couple of months ago. Will def check it out!

There was an ongoing thread for sometime, led by one poster whose nic I can't recall. But it died down after she started posting about having some adverse reactions to one or more of the products, if I recall correctly.

Thanks SuzyQ3, I'll do an advanced search to see if I can find what her subsequent issues were.

Her nic was some variation on "cat" or "kat," (not KatCat1). I'm sure others will remember.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

As I recall, she later stated that she was layering on too many creams at one time and it was a little too much for her combo skin. I don't think there was anything wrong with the products, it was more 'user error'.

I'm still using ASDM's Marine Cream, a lovely gel-cream for those with combo skin. Light texture, not greasy yet very moisturizing.

Honored Contributor

I love the ASDM products that I have tried! I too use the Marine Cream Moisturizer for combo skin, its great, moisturizing enough without adding oil. I also love the caffeine eye cream,works beautifully, and the Hyularonic serum is fantastic!!!!!All in all a great line with some very good ingredients and prices that won't break the bank!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

On 2/25/2015 River Song said:

As I recall, she later stated that she was layering on too many creams at one time and it was a little too much for her combo skin. I don't think there was anything wrong with the products, it was more 'user error'.

I'm still using ASDM's Marine Cream, a lovely gel-cream for those with combo skin. Light texture, not greasy yet very moisturizing.

Katluvr is the one who started the original threads. There wasn't anything wrong with the creams. She just discovered that heavy creams tend to break her out. She is having better luck with oils for moisture.

Honored Contributor

Well, I didn't read the threads much at all because I wasn't particularly interested in adding any new skin care to my routine. I just recall that it was a very active discussion that died down after she moved on. I had thought that she had some problems, but maybe it was just the breaking out from the creams.

Basically, I was just trying to explain what I thought I had recalled as to why the active discussions died down.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Well, I didn't read the threads much at all because I wasn't particularly interested in adding any new skin care to my routine. I just recall that it was a very active discussion that died down after she moved on. I had thought that she had some problems, but maybe it was just the breaking out from the creams.

Basically, I was just trying to explain what I thought I had recalled as to why the active discussions died down.

It definitely did dominate the forums for awhile and there were many that jumped onboard at the time but I haven't seen any of those posters mentioning the line much these days even though they are still posting regularly on the beauty forums. It seems many have moved on to other lines now. Not sure if that is a reflection of the line or people just like to change their skincare lines around alot.

I thought some of the products had really nice ingredients but never tried any since the ones I was interested in contain emu oil, which I won't use, and then I asked CS a question and got kind of a rude answer, which I didn't appreciate. I know others have gotten wonderful CS but my experience was the opposite.

Frequent Contributor

I have not tried the firming cream yet. I have used many of their products and been very happy. I really like the Maximum Hydration cream and the Microdermabrasion Cream. These are two must haves for me. I have very dry, sensitive skin. I recently ordered the Vitamin C Serum to try. It arrived frozen and the glass bottle had shattered. I notified CS of the problem. It was not their fault and I certainly did not expect them to do anything. It was more of an FYI. They sent me a new serum for no charge! That is excellent CS. I am using their products and some other lines as well. I think like most women, I don't use any line exclusively. I am however very pleased overall with ASDM.