Honored Contributor

Follow-up: Remember my post about RTM and gummy/coated hair? Well, did this instead and no more!++

CC'd twice, a blop as a leave in and used the Lavender Treatment Cream and Volumizing Spray in the shower on wet hair.

After blowing it out, I sprayed SHP RTM all over it... NO GUMMINESS! Did this a few times during the day and still felt fantastic. Looks like my hair needs the extra product n it for the RTM to do it's job.

HTH somebody who is having the same issues : )

Honored Contributor

Re: Follow-up: Remember my post about RTM and gummy/coated hair? Well, did this instead and no more!++

What's the Lavender Treatment Cream?

Contributor

Re: Follow-up: Remember my post about RTM and gummy/coated hair? Well, did this instead and no more!++

maybe she means styling cream?
Honored Contributor

GADS!! Yes, I meant the STYLING cream! I had RTM on my mind when I was typing and you can see what I did.

Sorry everyone! : )

Super Contributor

Humm...this is giving me more mad scientist ideas for the shower!

Super Contributor

Are the styling creams the same formula, just with different scents? I have the styling cream/volumizing spray in Lavender from when I was using Lavender. I just received Fig CC in the mail today, hoping it works for my dry hair, do I need the Fig styling cream also or will Lavender work okay? I'm not sure I'll use the volumizing spray because my hair is so dry, but just wondering about the styling cream?

Super Contributor

Also sahmlam I'm glad you figured it out!

Honored Contributor

Ginabfly, FIG is my first choice of all the products due to my super dry hair. I was told that only the scent is different but otherwise they are identical product-wise.

Honored Contributor

Glad you found a way to get it to work. Unfortunately, I don't use the VTM and only sometimes use the SC. Even when I tried the RTM after I used the SC it still didn't work well- still felt sticky. Oh well, can't win them all!

Respected Contributor

On 6/20/2014 ginabfly said:

Are the styling creams the same formula, just with different scents? I have the styling cream/volumizing spray in Lavender from when I was using Lavender. I just received Fig CC in the mail today, hoping it works for my dry hair, do I need the Fig styling cream also or will Lavender work okay? I'm not sure I'll use the volumizing spray because my hair is so dry, but just wondering about the styling cream?

Yes, you can use the lavender styling creme with the fig. You can use any of the styling cremes with any of the cc's. I only notice a slight difference in the styling cremes. Chaz says that the fig and sweet almond mint styling cremes are a little heavier because of the essential oils. The pomegranate and tea tree are in the middle, and lavender and cucumber aloe are the lightest. I usually use lavender and cucumber aloe the most. I do like the others okay, too. If your hair is really dry, you can even add some oil to your leave in and styling creme for extra hydration. I would recommend only using 1-2 drops to start and then go from there.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!