Respected Contributor

Picture below for reference...Has anyone with shoulder-length, layered, thin hair tried these and had any success?  I would like loose waves/curls without using heat.   I've looked at you-tube videos and Amazon reviews, but most women have thick and/or long hair.  

81TIzlpcq4L._SX522_.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg, Hi, my daughter has these and loves them.  She has longer hair but it is thinner and a bit layered, not very layered but somewhat.

I used them, my hair is way too thick, and did not work much for me as my hair is way to heavy.  For those with thinner hair, I think these would work great.  I hope this helps you.

Respected Contributor

@Skididdy, thank you!  Does your daughter use them with her hair dry, damp, or ???  Also...does she use any styling products before putting them in?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I watched some beauty program the other day on QVC.  There were two sizes of flexible rollers that you sleep on.  One set was for long hair and other for short hair and they did curl the hair very well.  don't remember the name.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1, yes...those are called the sleep styler.   I was initially interested in them, but after watching several you tube videos on them, there is quite a learning curve for hair like mine and only so-so results. 

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg She uses them with damp hair and sleeps in them at times.

Other times she will put them in damp hair, wait a bit and then use the blow dryer.

She loves them.  I hope they work out for you if you decide to purchase.

Honored Contributor

I remember using something similar to those back in the '80s. They had a wire inside of the foam tubes that were bendable so you could wrap your hair around them and bend them closed. They seemed to make really nice spiral curls.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Back in the 70s I got a similar effect by using rags (about 8" s 2" ) and wrapping damp hair ends around them and leaving in until dry.  It's not how much hair you have but rather not putting too much in for each curl.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1  I had bought them...saw on Q as well, it was during a Lori Grenier show it was the same product at cvs but Lori Grenier has the holdings on it as she was presenting it on QVC. I have fine shoulder legnth or less in length hair and those curlers. I used the size for longer hair.

Old idea revamped but not much IMHO as they didn't work or look good when I took them out (also no way could I sleep in them as they say!)

Youtubers were right

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

NO success.  They slip right off my hair.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."