Honored Contributor

I can't believe it took me this long to think of this.  I waste so much time waiting on the glue to dry and it's still not as dry as it needs to be but I don't want to wait any longer.  5-6 second blast with my hairdryer and they are good and tacky and go on so much faster Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

You need to buy a better quality of glue......hairdryer is going to send those delicate

lashes against the wall.  LOL

Respected Contributor

Hey @monicakm  I've been meaning to ask your opinion on mascara primer. 

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy 

I don't wear mascara anymore except on my bottom lashes.  When I did wear mascara I did use a primer.  It works great to increase length and volume.  Let it dry first.  I can't remember the brand I use but it was drugstore.  Probably Loreal since that was my choice in mascaras but I understand a lot has changed in drugstore makeup in the last couple of years.  I looked at all the makeup in WM yesterday but didn't see anything I wanted except for a pair of lashes.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @monicakm  I'm gonna give it a try.  False lashes in summer in Texas not as fun anymore. Plus swimming a lot.

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy 

Are you the one that lives close to me or to Tyler?  I remember recently discovering there were two here that lived close Smiley Happy  I'm SOOO enjoying all the rain and thunder today.  Woke up at noon to thunder and a dark room.  

I totally understand not being able to wear lashes while swimming but there is waterproof glue just fyi.  As for the Texas heat, I don't have to worry about melting mascara, transfer, wiping sweat out of my eyes and messing up my mascara so it's falsies for me year around.

Respected Contributor

Hey @monicakm  Yes, I think we’re close. I’m at The Cascades and so far so good on the storms. It’s eerily quiet right now. Temp is starting to drop YAYY but then it’s predicted to heat way up UGH.  There’s warnings all around us and I hope you are safe.

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy 

You've got to be kidding!  My husband works in the Cascades all the freaking time!  I can't wait to tell him Smiley Happy  No kidding, he has probably laid the flooring in nearly every house (if not every house) in the Cascades Smiley Happy  He's done some of the condos in the Towers but doesn't like the headaches of getting in and out of there with the materials.  I'm sure I've driven by your house Smiley Happy  We used to drive thru there so he could show me the houses he's worked in and during Christmas to look at lights.

Yes, we're safe.  The storms are past us and I see they've just cleared Tyler.  I love storms and the darker and more eerie the better...just as long as no one gets hurt.

So do you frequent the baby Sephora in Pennys?  I used to ask the girls (pre-covid) if they thought there would ever be a free standing Sephora.  

Hey, you could have come to visit me in Mother Frances when I had my knee surgery LOL  I had my lashes back on asap.  Wore a light amt of powder foundation and Elf Gotta Glow lip tint to surgery.  

Honored Contributor

@fthunt 

I don't  have any issues with the glue I use.  I just want it to dry faster.  And yes, if I'm not holding on to them, the hair dryer will send them flying.  It did a couple of times before I paid attention to where I was aiming the thing Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  This is soooo crazee. It really is a small world. And, yes, I have no doubt you were in the glam squad for your surgery and good for you. There are probably other similarities we have in our locale but I don’t think it’s allowed here. My SIL is a home builder so he and your husband might be working together right now. I love it.

No, I haven’t been to Sephora - or hardly anywhere. Just started venturing out. Got spoiled to having deliveries to my front door LOL.