Trusted Contributor

I find IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes 5 in 1 mascara works great and does not flake. I wear contacts so I'm very much away of mascaras that flake and can't wear many of them. Also love how big and beautiful this mascara makes my lashes. It really does perform as advertised.

Valued Contributor
On 1/24/2015 momtodogs said:

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a product that is clear than I could put over a mascara that would help the flaking problem? Thanks!!

Yes, absolutely! Flaking, smearing mascara was the bane of my existence until I found the right product to layer over it.

I can recommend two - Clarins' Double Fixe Mascara, which you can find in any major department store that carries the Clarins line, and Lash Genius, by Anastasia, which can be found at Sephora (in-store and on-line.) Both of these are clear coatings that that you just brush on right over your mascara, and they both work well. I have a slight preference for the brush that comes with the Lash Genius, but otherwise, they're about the same.

If you use one of these, you can use whichever mascara you like,whether it's lengthening, curling or volumizing,without it smearing or flaking.

Using a sealant coat over mascara is the best tip I ever picked up in all the time I've been reading these boards. Hope this helps!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

Mally's Volumizing mascara doesn't flake at all

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for the tips and suggestions on primer and mascaras....I will try and purchase travel sizes, if available, on a couple at a time and see what works, again thank you!

Contributor

I use Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Clear waterproof topcoat over any mascara...

make sure mascara is dry then apply topcoat, no more raccoon eyes.

Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2015 NewerMexico said:

I use Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Clear waterproof topcoat over any mascara...

make sure mascara is dry then apply topcoat, no more raccoon eyes.

I am going to have to try that! I get raccoon eyes no matter what mascara I use, but I think mine is due to the concealer I use...IT's Bye-Bye Undereye concealer. When I use other concealer a this doesn't happen, but they don't conceal as well as IT's.
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor
On 1/24/2015 Knitgirly said:

Try silicone tube mascara- It never flakes or dissolves. It comes off in tubes with a little warm water- L'oreal Double Extend, $13 or so. LOVE it.

I second this recommendation. Been using this for years and not even interested in trying the "newest" and "greatest" mascaras that come out all the time. This has never flaked or smudged on me, and I also wear it on my lower lashes. Even though it doesn't flake, it is easy to remove with just water and your fingers to push the "tubes" off your lashes and face.

You can get it for $9.99 at Ulta, and I buy it when they have their BOGO sale and use a $3.50 off coupon. Makes it a little over $6 each which is a great price for mascara.

Super Contributor

I love Blinc. It doesn't give racoon eyes, doesn't flake, stays on all day and is easy to remove with warm water. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}