Respected Contributor

Re: First impressions of my recent Lipstick Queen haul

For those of you looking into buying Sigh, you might check on Amazon. Smiley Wink I had to buy a backup, because this is the perfect berry for my fair skin.
Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 FUTURE said: For those of you looking into buying Sigh, you might check on Amazon. Smiley Wink I had to buy a backup, because this is the perfect berry for my fair skin.

Hi, FUTURE. Good to know I'm not alone in my opinion.

ETA: Oh, I know that HD did like it, too.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 12/18/2014 tucsongal said:
On 12/18/2014 customer 5 said:

I've been wanting to try. Too bad I didn't know about the sale.

You can sign up for emails on their site for future sales. Ulta, Nordstrom(free shipping) and beauty.com also carry trios for $48 which is a savings over buying individually. If you are signed up with Ulta, they are having a 20% sale right now. HTH.

Thank you so much. I will do.
Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 12/18/2014 FUTURE said: For those of you looking into buying Sigh, you might check on Amazon. Smiley Wink I had to buy a backup, because this is the perfect berry for my fair skin.

Hi, FUTURE. Good to know I'm not alone in my opinion.

ETA: Oh, I know that HD did like it, too.

yep, I sure did. I liked the look of it better than medieval and better wear.

Honored Contributor

Lipstick Queen's Big Bang glosses are quite nice! I have Creation ( a sheer pink almost raspberry) and am expecting Cosmos (medium cool red-wine) today.The formula has a sheen and is not goopy or sticky at all.

Creation:

Here are swatches of all the shades, although I don't know how true they are to reality:

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

That's really pretty, Suzy!! I only have her Jean Queen gloss, but it's pretty. I have several of her lippies, and I really do like all of them. I just stay away from her browns and nudes, bc I can tell they wouldn't look good on me - at all!! Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

wahoozy!! I found my Sigh! It was in one of my purses that I was sure I checked a few times but I guess I missed it? yay!! I do like this color on me better than medieval- it looks better with my fair/light skin and it does last longer than medieval BUT I am rather disappointed in the wear of these overall. I love lipgloss and my lipglosses last longer than these. It is odd because I am not drinking anything, licking my lips, nothing but I look in the mirror after a bit and it isn't there anymore. Medieval is the worst at it- it is gone in minutes but the Sigh lasted only about a half hour before it too was gone.

The saint pink is a pretty color but a bit too dry for my liking in terms of formulation but I will still use it up and just add a little gloss over it for more moisturization.

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 HappyDaze said:

wahoozy!! I found my Sigh! It was in one of my purses that I was sure I checked a few times but I guess I missed it? yay!! I do like this color on me better than medieval- it looks better with my fair/light skin and it does last longer than medieval BUT I am rather disappointed in the wear of these overall. I love lipgloss and my lipglosses last longer than these. It is odd because I am not drinking anything, licking my lips, nothing but I look in the mirror after a bit and it isn't there anymore. Medieval is the worst at it- it is gone in minutes but the Sigh lasted only about a half hour before it too was gone.

The saint pink is a pretty color but a bit too dry for my liking in terms of formulation but I will still use it up and just add a little gloss over it for more moisturization.

I pretty much agree on all counts, but for me, it's par for the course. Color does not last on my lips well at all. I think I'm sort of uncomfortable with anything on my lips. I can't quite explain it, but I'm just very aware of the feeling of a lip product. That's one reason I stick to sheers and glosses. They don't annoy me quite as much.

I do like the two glosses, though. They seem to wear as well as the lipsticks, which isn't saying a whole lot but still good for gloss. But I doubt I'll buy any more shades.

Honored Contributor

Oh, forgot to say that I'm glad you finally found Sigh. Smile

Honored Contributor

On 12/10/2014 BellaCarro said:

Oh, she makes the best lippies!! I just love them. She makes the only red I can confidently wear, Medieval. Glad you are enjoying them!

Hi, ladies! I am looking for Bello Carro and hope you are all well... is Bella Carro the poster who is making skin care creams and asked what the one ingredient a person would request for it to contain? I'd like to ask her if she would concoct the base cream of Renova... it is perfect, maybe even by itself (without the Retin A)... TIA!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~