Trusted Contributor

Re: First Aid Beauty up for sale just got an email

Received my TSV today, first time ordering First Aid Beauty.  Chose the Pear fragrance.

First, let me say that I love the cream, great texture and non-greasy.  Much nicer than I thought it would be.  It's a winner.

However, the Pear scent, to my nose, smells like Juicy-fruit gum!  I don't identify the scent as "pear".  The top note is intensely "fruity".  The middle and bottom notes are sugar and vanilla.  So, if you are a fan of fruity, sweet and warm vanilla fragrances, you will love Pear.

The fruity top note dissipates after a while, leaving the sugar vanilla fragrance.  So, it starts out smelling like Juicy-fruit gum and ends smelling like a sugar cookie!

I used to love vanilla-type fragrances when I was in my 20's.  Now that I'm in my sixties, meh, not so much.  I find myself preferring aqua or light green tea floral fragrances.  I don't mind smelling like flowers but I really don't like smelling like a sugar cookie!  

I'm not going to go through the hassle of returning the TSV and will just use the Pear on my feet (as far away from my nose as possible).  I'm so glad that the unscented cream was included in the TSV and just went on waitlist for the unscented auto-delivery.

Regular Contributor

I got the pear too, and while there is definitely a "sweet" tone to the scent, I'm finding it pleasant and the cream feels WONDERFUL on my poor, dry skin.

I'm glad I listened to posts recommending this brand, I'm sitting here caressing my arms because they feel so smooth and supple!

New Contributor

As of 1/7/21, I have not received my TSV order either. I placed my order early, as soon as I received the email notice on 12/14/20. Is anyone else still waiting to receive their orders?

Respected Contributor

hi... @SAUSALITO22222 blue..I placed an order for the unscented single delivery on the TSV day and I received 1 email that it was preparing to ship, and then another email saying it was out of stock at the moment. So I’m not quite sure of status. And I’ve been too busy to call CS.
Respected Contributor

@pacificblue   Hi there.   Sorry you're still waiting.  I bought the AD and mine delivered over a week ago.    Such a great kit.  I had the same kit previously and jumped on AD again.  Definitely follow up with CS.  Too much time has passed.  Maybe they are making fresh batches to fill the waitlist orders.  

New Contributor

Thank you @KKlim, @nyc1! I contacted CS and was informed my orders are listed as backordered. They are hoping for more inventory from the vendor. I don't know if that means when the tsv aired it was already sold out or unavailable, because my orders were placed in advance of the airing. Crossing my fingers! I would be happy with any replacements if the seasonal scents are unavailable.