Honored Contributor

Has anyone used Fiona Stiles liquid foundation?  It looks quite nice with slight illumination and buildable coverage.  If you have used her foundation, please share your review.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I have only used her eyeliner and it is amazing.  Her items are 50% off at ulta (they might be discontinuing?) and you can test products there.  I may head back this week to see what they have left because the eyeliner I picked up is fantastic.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fiona Stiles????

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 and @Mrsq2022

Interesting that this topic was brought up today. I was at Ulta yesterday and picked up a couple  Fiona Stiles items. Inventory was picked over. After seeing this thread I watched a few Q videos and read thru some comments, and off I went back to Ulta. I picked up alot of items in spite of the limited availability. Did a fair amount of damage. Got several dupes with gift giving in mind. Bought the satin finish foundation, my 'color' was gone, only the lightest and darker shades being available. No problem as I selected two to mix achieving a perfect match. Even a dot of the darker shade blended beautifully as a contour! TaDa! I even bought some matte foundation to mix in, to modify the finish to whatever level I choose. This blend looked very nice on too! Had a darling, knowledgeable SA helping me. She knows her stuff, and the line and I was super lucky to have her great eye. Honestly, the lighting in that store is just awful. Picked up a variety of lippies, which are just beautiful, (my weakness) some eye shadow quads and a few cream shadows. My list is long but basically bought one of everything remaining in stock that suited my complexion and a couple out of (my) the box items too. Had a ball, truly. Such a girly girl, I am. At checkout I was told I qualified for an Ulta credit card. Wasn't at all interested until I learned I'd receive an additional 20% off! Cha ching $$$. Oh yeah, Do It! Quite a nice little haul, this is going to be fun, fun fun. The SA said the 50% sale ended yesterday but honored it as the signs were still up. I do not know if this is store wide or local... anyone with a remote interest should check out this very high quality line and take advantage of the current discounts if still available in your neighborhood Ulta store. It'll be well worth your time. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS,    I am glad you lucked out at ULTA.  I wish you would have described the coverage of the foundation.  Did you get the illuminated one?  What does that look like on the skin?  How about the matte?  I won't be running to ULTA but if I am in the neighborhood, I will stop in.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fiona Stiles????

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@rochelleS,    I am glad you lucked out at ULTA.  I wish you would have described the coverage of the foundation.  Did you get the illuminated one?  What does that look like on the skin?  How about the matte?  I won't be running to ULTA but if I am in the neighborhood, I will stop in.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1 watch the video for A286876 which is the satin finish foundation (or whatever it's called), it's the only Fiona Stiles foundation here at QVC. This is a good representation of the finish. In store, it reminded me somewhat of Eve Pearl's 60/40 cream duo foundation. I grabbed the matte to mix but basically did a color swatch on my lower cheek and jaw. I have to play around  more in order to give you specifics, which I'm more than happy to do. Bear with me a bit, I have an appointment today and am leaving shortly. I have a big bag of product to sort through so let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know about.  

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS I am so disappointed that I waited too long!  You sure got lucky with these prices.  I had wanted to go back and try to pick up another eyeliner and the brow product as well as a foundation.  The 50% off was a steal.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 A while back, I tested it on my hand & found it started off as a med. coverage. Lots of good reviews. I do have FS Satin Lip Crayon in coral. Love her packaging!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@rochelleS I am so disappointed that I waited too long!  You sure got lucky with these prices.  I had wanted to go back and try to pick up another eyeliner and the brow product as well as a foundation.  The 50% off was a steal.

@Mrsq2022 I'm disappointed for you. It's really too bad you didn't have a chance to get back to Ulta. For me, this was a total fluke. I'd gone in to look for an invisible lip liner or a complimentary she for my new Stroke of Beauty lippies I'd recently purchased. (Which btw I looove, but that's another story and thread) The Fiona Stiles display was in the same aisle and I just turned around. Fortunately I had the wherewithal to return the next day and well the rest is my very good fortune, indeed.  I have quite the cache here and have done alot of reading and video watching online. This is a high quality line and I am quite impressed. 

Both the Luminous Fnish and Matte foundations appear have medium coverage. May be buildable but is more than adequate for me. The Matte is not a flat matte but more skin like in a very attractive natural way. I find it most agreeable and surprisingly like it alot. Luminous Finish is just that. Melds beautifully into the skin with a healthy satiny glow. I cannot yet determine a favorite, it's too soon and I'll test drive both additionally over the coming days.

Eye shadow quads are gorgeous. Truly. Rich, highly pigmented and very wearable collection of great colors are available. She has a larger pallette but was sold out.

Haven't gotten into the eyeliners yet or lip pencils or lippies. I'd sampled these in store so I'll open as needed. 

Great brow pencils and a pot of tinted brow wax that I love. Q sell these row bundled now and I'd highly recommend to anyone looking. The pencil has a teeny tiny skinny lead, very easy to use and control coverage. No Groucho Marx brows with these two items.

I bought both shades of the three color contour kit (also avail on Q) I'll only keep one. Also got the three color highlight item (also on Q) looks very nice on. Age appropriate subtle effect which I appreciate. 

I didn't get her concealer or loose finishing powder. Ulta had the concealer and I tested it  yesterday. Very interesting. It felt like powder going on but it's cream. Great coverage and didn't sink into any lines. Again, like the foundation, very natural, melded right in looking very fresh. I do like to use the same vendors concealer with their foundation. For me the compatibility has proved successful, ie composition, color and finish all work together well. 

The invisible powder blew me away! I never tried anything like this and love it. My shade was sold out but I will buy this when available. Absolutely!  Lighter than air and didn't change the underlying foundation at all. There may be others like this out there but I certainly haven't run across anything this incredible. I did ask at Ulta if they'd honor the sale price since I'd purchased so much the previous day but unfortunately no. Regardless,  I will purchase these last two products at a later date.

I believe Fiona may be repackaging her products. I could be wrong, just the vibe from my reading. I don't sense she's going out of business. Hence the sale??

QVC'S videos are so so. Many are cut short of actual demos, colors and details I would have liked to have been mentioned or addressed. Lightning is iffy, especially with the Luminous foundation. The stage lights cause an unnatural glare making it look super shiny and slick. It's not. Other products have a stock video generic to the brand without specifics. This is unfortunate and money is being left on the table. There's several good deals, a few bundled, etc but if I'm not familiar with the brand I'm out of luck. Most will pass this hidden treasure right by.

Any questions?  Ask away! Looks like I'll be up to my ears playing with all of my new products. 

@Katcat1 & @Kabella ♡♡♡

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS Elle Leary Artistry has a video on youtube applying Fiona Stiles foundation. One half of her face using the matte & other half using the luminous.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Kabella. There's a slew of utube videos available.  Very positive reviews across the board. Both foundations are favorably received along with just about everything else.