Honored Contributor

Re: Finishing powder

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs  - I use IT Bye Bye Pores Silk Finishing Powder.  Great stuff sold here at the Q.  Great reviews.  You need so little that the container will last you a long time.

product thumbnail

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Mom2Dogs  - I use IT Bye Bye Pores Silk Finishing Powder.  Great stuff sold here at the Q.  Great reviews.  You need so little that the container will last you a long time.

product thumbnail

@San Antonio Gal 

I use that one, too!  It is the best finishing powder.  I also like they pressed version.  Makes my make-up look flawless, like it's airbrushed.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I think I have some of that.  It's quite old and it lightened my overall complexion so I only use it  on the pointed end of a BB to apply under my lower lash line to brighten and keep mascara from transferring.  At the rate I use it and the tiny amt I use, it will probably last another 20 years.  It's about that old now.

Honored Contributor

Huge fan of Hourglass Veil finishing powder.  It's pricy, but best I've ever used.  I just buy the travel size since I only wear makeup once a week, so that lasts me 2 to 3 years. 

I do use the iT No More Pores that @San Antonio Gal mentioned, but in a different manner.  I apply with a dense flat brush to my undereye area after applying concealer and in the T-zone area of my forehead.  NMP is kinda mattifying which is why I like it on my T-zone to camoflage my deep wrinkles there.  The other reason is it's a barrier for any eyeshadow bits that might fall on my undereye area when I'm applying.  I can then take another brush and brush that off without it smearing as it would if it fell directly onto my concealer.  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

product thumbnail

@San Antonio Gal 

I just checked this product.  The rating is only 3.4,   Huh.

Honored Contributor

Re: Finishing powder

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Shanus

I am thinking I 'need' a finishing powder..loose.

You know when you see a woman and her make up looks perfect/flawless...I have always wondered if she uses a finishing powder on top of her foundation and blush that gives her that look.  

I use Estee Lauder foundation, which I like and gives decent coverage but I always think I need something to just give a little more of an upscale look.  I'd appreciate any suggestion.

thanks.

@Mom2Dogs   There are finishing powders and setting powders.Usually finishing powders are in a shade that matches your foundatoin. Unless they are finely milled like a setting powder, they can tend to appear cakey especially if your foundation is matte. I prefer a loose setting powder and only in the t zone if you tend to get oily there. Cheeks are better left a little dewey. An all matte face can tend to look too "perfect" and also can be aging. The setting powder I like is Laura Merceir's white, finely milled powder. It seems like it would leave the skin white, but it doesn't if your skin is fair to medium. If darker than that, there are setting powders in her line a shade darker. 

***Sometimes women who look flawless have unwrinkled skin and a lot more makeup than we'd wear on a daily basis. Primer may have been used and skincare has alot to do with it, too.  

Honored Contributor

I use BE Mineral Veil-----am 67 and it looks great on my skin

Respected Contributor
I don’t use daily. My foundation doesn’t stay wet or run off. I apply my foundation and then let it set for 20 minutes (usually while I dry and set my hair) or so. My blush and bronzer are powder products, I just don’t think my dry-ish skin needs more powder. I set the completed look with some setting spray blotted on with a powder brush.
Esteemed Contributor

Laura Mercier is supposed to be good too.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life