Contributor

Finishing Treatment Creme - price increase

I've used this for awhile and love it. The tube lasts forever since I need to little for great results. Just went to reorder and whoa! It's almost $10 more. That's quite an increase, in my book! Does anyone know whether the reason for this has been addressed?

Honored Contributor

Re: Finishing Treatment Creme - price increase

I have several left from buying multiples of a past TSV that included a full size tube. I bet you'd be able to find them cheap on eBay, shipping included.

Honored Contributor

No, but you can go to most drug/grocery stores and buy John Freida's Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Cream from the Frizz Ease line. When I got my first tube of the WEN finishing cream I noticed it was pretty much the same thing. The ingredients and scent may vary some, but the feel and performed exactly the same way for me.

Contributor

Thanks, ladies!

ChynnaBlue, I'm going to pick that up. I've used John Frieda's products in the past and have been happy with them. I appreciate the tip.

Honored Contributor

karliann, welcome to the Wen forum!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I think the Finishing Treatment Creme (FTC) was launched in April 2011. It didn't seem to be as popular as some of the other styling products and I think it was eventually pulled form the QVC listings. It was relisted (as a "new" product) this past spring. So I'm guessing that's when the price increase occurred. I don't think that Chaz has done a segment on the FTC since it's been relisted in the QVC Wen products listings.

-- bebeSmile Wen FAQ - key Wen links - Wen 101 - tips from Chaz Dean Studio

Super Contributor

guess I should be thankful that I have 4 unopened tubes still then!! Yikes a $10 increase!!

Frequent Contributor

On 7/8/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I have several left from buying multiples of a past TSV that included a full size tube. I bet you'd be able to find them cheap on eBay, shipping included.

I have quite a few from that TSV too, not my favorite product. JLF is correct, check ebay, there used to be a ton of them for sale.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/9/2014 KMBSAB said:

guess I should be thankful that I have 4 unopened tubes still then!! Yikes a $10 increase!!

so funny- I was thinking the same thing. The FTC was my first WEN Styling Product that was included in the March 2012 TSV and at the time it was like a miracle worker. The first product I ever tried that actually did do away with the frizzies- and believe me I spent beaucoup bucks trying to find stuff over the years. But then I started to accumulate more oils more re-moist and then the GS and then plus after using WEN for over 2 1/2 years frizzy hair became not so much an issue. But I loved it at the time. hmm- going to dig through some stuff and start using it again. ha

Contributor

On 7/9/2014 bebe777 said:

karliann, welcome to the Wen forum!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I think the Finishing Treatment Creme (FTC) was launched in April 2011. It didn't seem to be as popular as some of the other styling products and I think it was eventually pulled form the QVC listings. It was relisted (as a "new" product) this past spring. So I'm guessing that's when the price increase occurred. I don't think that Chaz has done a segment on the FTC since it's been relisted in the QVC Wen products listings.

-- bebeSmile Wen FAQ - key Wen links - Wen 101 - tips from Chaz Dean Studio

Thanks, bebe! For the welcome & for the info. I'm thinking you're right about the timing of the increase. Guess I will have to hoard what I have, and will have to see whether I can catch it again as part of a TSV. Will also take ChynnaBlue's tip about the JF product. I adore this FTC, but not the price!