Regular Contributor

Re: Finishing Powder Recommendations

DeSlick Urban Decay

De-Slick

This is a very nice finishing powder. I have oily skin, and found I only had to re-apply once, after lunch. Very nice, one of the best I have used. I have also tried the Tarte, and MK both are nice as well. This is made with Rice Powder

Super Contributor

Makeup Forever High Definition Powder, no talc leaves skin airbrushed.
Honored Contributor

I use Laura Mercier's Invisible Setting Loose Powder. Comes in a larger than normal container. I also have Tarte's white finishing powder. I like both but more fond of LM's powder which is NOT Talc.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I use Physician's Formula CoverTox. It goes on sheer and doesn't sit in my lines and wrinkles. And you can't beat the price.

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Contributor

I love Bobbi Brown's pressed and loose powders---especially the yellow powder. MY FAVE!

Super Contributor

I also love the Bobbi Brown yellow powder. I bought it when somebody recommended it here. It's a large compact with a mirror.

Valued Contributor

Another vote for Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Powder! I love the Pale Yellow but also have used the Soft Sand shade. Not to worry, once applied, there's minimal visible color. I've experimented with others but keep coming back to this powder.
Super Contributor

BB has a new product out...............Retouching Powders. They are loose powders in various subtle shades. They act as color correctors. I use the Rose to add a touch of life to my light skin. It gives the smallest flush.

Interesting to see what the colors can counteract - sallowness, redness, dullness etc.

Super Contributor

Has anyone used BB's Brightening Finishing Powder in Nude or Pastel? They are multi-colored shimmer blocks.

Super Contributor

On 4/28/2014 MarenSeattle said:

I'm thinking of trying Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder -- sounds magical!

It's great but would not recommend to the OP has a finishing powder to stay matte or for oily touch ups during the day.

Maybelline Dream Matte was great but is discontinued. The new Dream Wonder powder is excellent, though.

Love the Too Faced mentioned in one of the posts above.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!