Super Contributor

Re: Finishing Powder Recommendations

I'm thinking of trying Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder -- sounds magical!

Super Contributor

I really like bareMinerals Minveral Veil; and Tarte's powder, Smooth Operator. I especially like Tarte's SO over their 12 Hour Amazonian Clay Foundation, it really gives a nice finish.

Contributor

I have been using Hourglass Ambient Powder in Radiant. It's great at diffusing light and makes me look really smooth. Their tinted Moisturizer is fabulous. I've never been so happy with my complexion since I began using these products.

Contributor

Oh, and one more thing about the Hourglass Ambient Powder, the Radiant also makes a great subtle blush. I know it sounds strange that this powder can also be a blush, but it can! Light application as a finishing powder and heavier on the checks for blush. I use a pop of bright pink (Bobbi Brown) on top. It looks so good.

Trusted Contributor

I use Tarte's tinted BB primer as my foundation but with my oily skin I always like to wear a loose powder on top. I've been using Tarte's Amazonian clay full coverage loose powder foundation and really like it. Goes on smoothly and is not heavy at all but leaves a really nice finish and helps with oil control.

Honored Contributor

The OP seems to want something matte that she could reapply during the day.

I agree with the poster who recommends BB sheer finish pressed powder. It really feels like almost nothing on but does have a very nice, matte finish. I have it in Pale Yellow because I initially bought it to set concealer (BB recommends that shade and includes it most of her concealer kits). But I've found it also very nice dusted lightly all over the face.

It's not translucent, but I see very little color in the shade I use. If you want totally translucent, I also like Physicians Formula Cosmeceutical Youth Boosting Mattifying pressed powder. It comes with a hidden brush. It's an excellent powder at a reasonable price.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Skinn Plasma Flawless Finish
Super Contributor

On 4/28/2014 Ribby said:

Oh, and one more thing about the Hourglass Ambient Powder, the Radiant also makes a great subtle blush. I know it sounds strange that this powder can also be a blush, but it can! Light application as a finishing powder and heavier on the checks for blush. I use a pop of bright pink (Bobbi Brown) on top. It looks so good.

Oh! That sounds sooooo nice. The Ambient Powder is on my to-do list.............once I can decide which one will work best.

I bought BB rouge pot but got a color too dark (raspberry). What color blush do you use, Ribby?

Super Contributor

On 4/28/2014 NicoleInFlorida said:

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm looking for a good finishing powder and came here for some recommendations.

I use Tarte Balancing Foundation and just want to top it off with a light weight matte power to control shine with little to no color. Preferably something I can reapply throughout the day without a lot of build up and that wont settle into fine lines. Tall order, huh?

What can you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Urban Decay makes a blotting powder which can be applied with a provided sponge or brushed on lightly. Matte. No build-up. Invisible.

Super Contributor

Urban Decay
De-Slick Mattifying Powder

What it is:
A translucent mattifying powder.

What it does:
This shine-stopping pressed powder blots oil and keeps shine at bay. The lavender shade applies invisibly and works on every skintone. Try it on naked skin (if you run into the hot guy at the gym), or over foundation (for touch ups on the dance floor without destroying your makeup). Because the formula contains super lightweight, oil-absorbing rice powder, you won't feel the powder, but you'll see the shine-free results.

What else you need to know:
This powder comes in a gorgeous, transparent purple compact that seems to glow from within and features Urban Decay embellishments of skulls, flourishes, and flowers. Pop it open to reveal a mirror and handy puff applicator.

Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder