Contributor

Re: FingerNAIL Question - Vertical "Ridges"

Thanks so much!  I will check it out.  You have beautiful hands!

Respected Contributor

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

@fairydogmother  Gorgeous nails! And hands!   What hand cream do you use?

Going to buy the nail products you use.

I also have one thumb (left) with ridges, I used to have multiple nails with ridges and oils/hand creams removed the other ones, but can't clear up the left tumb!

Thank you. I buy Hard as Hoof nail cream and sally Hansen moisture rehab, and as a base coat one coat of Nail Envy by OPI

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@Lisamartha  Aww thanks 😊 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina 

It's a deficiency of some sort.  Mine have had them several times in the past and then will grow out smooth.  They're smooth right now.  I don't know what I do differently.

Valued Contributor

Thank you,Shanus, I have tried lemon juice with no results.

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@Lisamartha wrote:

Oh seriously, you’re not going to tell us the name of the nail cream? LOL. Please and thank you.  I always had super strong nails but started having problems after using gel polish.  

Haha sorry about that. It's called Hard as Hoof. I had googled to find the best nail strengthening product. Buy on Amazon. I also use the Sally Hansen Moisture Rehab and OPIs Nail Envy. But I think the cream is the thing that's made the big difference. I had dry brittle nails before. In October I got a gel manicure for a trip we were taking. On the flight back I peeled it off. Oh gosh my nails were horrible after that. I essentially peeled off the top layer. So I immediately went into rehab mode. 

==============================================

DejaVu,

Went to 3 Beauty Supply Stores in my area and none of them carry OPI NAIL ENVY.

Where do you get yours?

I thought about going on AMZN, but too much fake stuff on AMZN - I just don't trust them for cosmetics.

What about EBAY?

TIA.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Valued Contributor

I've had vertical ridges on both ring fingers for years and years. Always wondered why but not enough to ask a doctor about it. I've just gotten used to having them.

Honored Contributor

I had one ridge on my left middle finger so bad in was literally splitting in half.  The solution was Sally Hansen ridge filler for at least six months and I really didn't reach "success" until I realized I had to keep that nail filed down to the end of the finger to keep pressure off of it.  I am allergic to nail polish so I couldn't cover the ridge filler. It was very thick.  But looking at that short blobby finger was worth it, that nail is now back to normal.

Honored Contributor

I never had these until the last couple of years.  I was told plainly --- age!  How nice -- just another thing to contend with.  Well, any how, for some reason, my nails have decided they want to grow long and seem very strong right now.  I actually had to cut them down as they were just too long for my comfort.  I use a lot of lotion on my hands and try to remember to wear gloves if doing much household things.  I can't say that age is everyone's problem with this, but I believe it's my issue and doubt that anything much can be done for it.  Wear a good base coat and polish to cover it up I guess!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have developed vertical ridges on my nails too. I have started being dedicated to a regimen to try to grow and strengthen them. Three have split at the corners and broken, but I'm not giving up.

I use CND Rescue Rxx daily keratin treatment and CND Solar Oil every night. Also use vitamin E oil on my hands and nails every night. Barielle makes a base coat that is supposed to be good for smoothing out ridges, I'm going to try that and some of their other products.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"