Honored Contributor

@Mom in NY   I have been using for over 6 years and I have found it to be the best compare to others I have tried.  Aquage Thickening Spray Gel.  It is a very light mist and you spray on damp hair and then comb thru then blow dry.  If you decide to try it, read the directions and then adjust to wanted thickness.

kindness is strength
Contributor

Re: Fine, thin hair

[ Edited ]

I have very fine, thin hair and need to use the Joan Rivers hair powder every day due to hereditary thinning. I think I’ve used every product promoting thicker hair and most just weighed it down. I recently tried Tweak’d and I’m happy to say I’ve had success. My hair is shoulder length, layered and fairly straight. If I air dry, I’ll get a slight wave but there is absolutely no volume.  Before Tweak’d, I had to wash my hair every day as it required restyling daily using products like Wen mousse, blow drying and a flat iron to get some volume. Since trying Tweak'd, I can go a day or two between washes and haven’t used the flat iron for volume at all. I get sufficient body and lift with just blow drying and I still use a small amount of Wen mousse.  I’ve also noticed much less hair in the brush and almost none in the shower when I shampoo.  I’m still experimenting with Tweak’d but, so far, I’m happy with it. 

Honored Contributor

Ladies, ladies if you have very fine hair, every thickening product known to mankind won't do a thing if you don't have a good cut! My hair is the thinnest and finest that any of my stylist have ever seen. But I keep mine cut short in a pixie, colored and highlighted. Walla! I look like I actually have hair!! No one even realizes how fine my hair is because I take impeccable care of it. 

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom in NY 

The way I read your post is you want to thicken the strands of your hair.

To accomplish that, you could take biotin  & collagen supplements.

An inexpensive effective treatment is to put coconut oil your hair for a a couple hours prior to washing it. Your hair absorbs the oil instead of the water.

My stylist has warned me that most volumizing products are very drying to your hair;

she blow dries my hair all going forward and then combs it back- it works.

My product recommendations are

-Ovationdotcom, excellent products, especially the Cell Therapy Hair & Scalp Treatment

-Aveeno’s Pure Renewal Shampoo & Conditioner

-ColorProof’s CC Prime Genius

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom in NY   I'm loving this thickening mousse:13790433-3929-4531-9A2F-08CBB38C6376.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I've been using the Got2B thickening mousse for about a year and really like it, and find less is better.  Start with a small amount, then increase if you feel it isn't enough, but then again I have short hair and it is SO easy to overdo.

The bright chartreuse can is easy to spot on the shelf at the store too!  I get mine at Walgreen's.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@author wrote:

I've been using the Got2B thickening mousse for about a year and really like it, and find less is better.  Start with a small amount, then increase if you feel it isn't enough, but then again I have short hair and it is SO easy to overdo.

The bright chartreuse can is easy to spot on the shelf at the store too!  I get mine at Walgreen's.

I would try it but it contains DMDM Hydantoin which is a form of formaldehyde, i try to avoid using this ingredient. 

Super Contributor

I’m a huge fan of BIOTIN SUPPLEMENTS.

I can SEE the new growth around my hairline and ears.

I took  them consistently ( without keeping track of how many weeks/months) along w my other supplements: B12, Collagen,

Magnesium, etc.

Then one day I noticed the shorter baby hairs growing in!

I also sprinkle BOLDIFY hair fibers for thickening and darkening 

any thinning spots.

Im not worried about chemicals, as I’ve only dyed my hair ONCE in my 

life...I don’t use hair sprays/gels or hair instruments of any kind.

So a few sprinkles of thickening fibers are not an issue.

I have found BOLDIFY products do not DULL my hair or clump it up.

The holes in the shaker are small and don’t get plugged up.

The fibers are not “powdery”, but more like “grains”.

(not a good description, sorry!)

Straight BIOTIN SUPPLEMENTS are my top recommendation.

Respected Contributor

@JumpTheRope wrote:

I’m a huge fan of BIOTIN SUPPLEMENTS.

I can SEE the new growth around my hairline and ears.

I took  them consistently ( without keeping track of how many weeks/months) along w my other supplements: B12, Collagen,

Magnesium, etc.

Then one day I noticed the shorter baby hairs growing in!

I also sprinkle BOLDIFY hair fibers for thickening and darkening 

any thinning spots.

Im not worried about chemicals, as I’ve only dyed my hair ONCE in my 

life...I don’t use hair sprays/gels or hair instruments of any kind.

So a few sprinkles of thickening fibers are not an issue.

I have found BOLDIFY products do not DULL my hair or clump it up.

The holes in the shaker are small and don’t get plugged up.

The fibers are not “powdery”, but more like “grains”.

(not a good description, sorry!)

Straight BIOTIN SUPPLEMENTS are my top recommendation.

What brand and strength do you take? How long after using did you see some results? 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 I agree but what I really want is straight hair with body. LOL.