Regular Contributor

I'm looking for a product that can thicken my hair.  The strands are so fine.  TIA

Regular Contributor

I use and love Perfect Hair Day by Living Proof. 

Super Contributor

I have extremely fine, straight, limp hair. I've been using WEN for years and I love that for cleansing and conditioning. BUT - WEN does nothing to plump up my hair.

A few months ago I decided to try Nick Chavez "Plumper 'N Thicker Ultra Thickening Spray".  I have to use way more than he recommends, but when I do that, I get great results!

I just checked and the product is currently sold out and the most recent reviews are awful, but I think when it comes back into stock, it's definitely worth a try. The acid test for me is how it will work in the summer when it's humid. Meanwhile, I'm a very happy camper...

Regular Contributor

I use only the "5 in 1 styling treatment."

Honored Contributor

My hair is also very fine.  It's straight and can get very flat.  However it's also very thick, not thin.  I try to use a product to give me some volume.  I also like products by "Living Proof".  I use the shampoo & root lift.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom in NY I ordered a couple Tweak*d products from HSN that are supposed to give volume. I don’t have them yet. Maybe someone here has used the line and can offer an opinion. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

My hair is fine and not thick. It is a mid length bob.

I have not found a perfect product but I agree that Nick C thickener/volumn products are good. I use Bumble Bumble mousse after towel drying hair to prepare for blow dry.

I do best with hot rollers. Use BB presetter spray or Nick's thickener on the roots.

Shampoo makes a difference. Nick volumnizing shampoo or Fekkai works for me. I tried to change to sulfate free due to color maintenence but my hair is limp.

This type of hair is so difficult to communicate with hair dressers. I tell them "I'm ok with stright hair but NOT flat hair. They try to dry my fine-thinning hair by pulling the brush straight down rather than rolling the hair around the brush and then holding the dryer on the brush.

I have had hairdressers use dry shampoo on my just cut and dry hair. I tell them that does not work. 

I can do my hair with curling iron only (not hot rollers) but I still spray at the under root with some sort of spray. 

Back combing is my other "thickening" strategy.

Respected Contributor

I have fine straight hair and have always struggled giving it some body. Although I have had people tell me they wished they had my hair, I have aways found it difficult to manage. Sometimes I can't believe that people spend time and money straighting their hair. My hair is stick straight and it has no body. The tweeked products did not help. So what I use now is Beekman shampoo (I love this). Then I use nick chavez plump and thick cream, just a dab on my wet hair and leave it in, then Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Spray then Nick Chavez soft flocker (just a dab) then I blow dry, style and use Nick chavez volumizing hair spray (the original that he has had for years). On days that I don't wash my hair, I use Nick Chavez plump and thick expander then blow dry that, then style. 

Those are the best products I have found for my hair type. I only wash my hair 2 or 3 times per week. I work at home so lots of times I only wash it 2 X per week. 

Respected Contributor

First I use Aveda Damage Remedy and then Bodify hair thickening spray by brand Hollywood. Both on towel dried hair. Style as usual

Honored Contributor

@conlt I have come to the conclusion we always want what we don't have! You have straight hair, you want curly, you have curly, you want straight hair!