Honored Contributor

Re: Fine hair and want Thick?

@Katcat1---I bought some of this yesterday on Ebay as AMZ was out of it. got a small size to try. I tried N Chavez spray thickener---sent it back as it really had an awful smell and just turned to glue on my hair-----have fine, thin hair too. don't use a conditioner as even that weighs it down.  Even shampoos do the same thing. Have been using Beekmans bar soap and that has been amazing--will report back. THX!

Honored Contributor

I just wanted to add the one thing that does nothing for my hair at all by way of volumizing or thickening is the Marc Anthony thickening foam.  I bought it at Walgreens.  Total waste of money.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I wear my hair in short layers about 3 in. long  but on top longer 4.5 to 5 in. with long bangs.  My hair is on the thinner side but not super thin like some ladies may have and I started thinking about this and if your hair is long without layers, I am not sure what your results would be.  I havet tried other products but none came  close to the results I receive from this product.  I suggest working with it possibly more sprays in certain areas but if you still don't get results, it is obvious this is not for you and you have my apologies.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

If the Aquage doesn't work on your hair, you may want to try Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Spray.  It is a very lightweight spray that gives a lot of body whether you air-dry, blow-dry, and/or style your hair.  Btw, I have fine, thin hair with long layers, and this product makes me look as if I have twice as much hair as I really do!

Honored Contributor

@joviolin  It's good to have an alternate but I have had great success with Aquage.  You know everyone's hair is so different.  How thin it is; the texture.  Thanks for suggesting Mitchell's.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

My hairdresser recommended R&C Dallas Thickening Spray.  Maybe it's sold in the salon but she's never ever pushed me to buy any salon products.  Has anyone tried it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 

My hair is a pixie - lots of short layers.  The Paul Mitchel foam works better for me, but we're all different and I'm always game to try another hair product.  No problem.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@joviolin wrote:

If the Aquage doesn't work on your hair, you may want to try Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Spray.  It is a very lightweight spray that gives a lot of body whether you air-dry, blow-dry, and/or style your hair.  Btw, I have fine, thin hair with long layers, and this product makes me look as if I have twice as much hair as I really do!

@joviolin    It is funny how different products work for different people.  I bought Paul Mitchell Thickening Spray after a friend recommended it. I just could not get it to work  for me.  I ended up giving it to my niece, who has used it for years now.  Smiley Happy

I purchased the Aquage based on the recommendation of @Katcat1 .  It is better than anything I have ever used.  I am sorry that it doesn’t work for everyone.

Respected Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

My hairdresser recommended R&C Dallas Thickening Spray.  Maybe it's sold in the salon but she's never ever pushed me to buy any salon products.  Has anyone tried it?

Yes, I have this product got it from my hairdresser. It smells great but did nothing for my hair didn't make it look thicker at all. I have shoulder length straight hair and want a product to make it look thicker but this product did nothing  at all for my hair.

Respected Contributor

I have very fine hair, but a lot of it, with absolutely no body whatsoever.  

I have shorter hair and set it in Velcro rollers.  I have used this awesome mousse from Matrix for more years than I can count, I hope they never quit making it, and when it's dry and I take the rollers out, my hair kinda stays in the shape of the rollers, a bit stiff.  I brush it out and lo and behold, I've got lots of body!  I brush through it or pick through it, if I want the semblance of curls or "pieceyness".

So I tried the Aquage Thickening spray to see how it would do, and when I took my hair out of the rollers, it all fell flat - I had to laugh!!  My hair looked healthy good, was soft and shinier, but I can't use it on my type of hair for any sort of body.  So, I used it with my mousse next time and it came out really nice.

I love trying new products, but for the most part they don't work on my type of cat hair, like Nick calls it, LOL!!  I'll stick with my mousse, it works for me, but can use a thickening product with it, and this one is good for that.