Honored Contributor

Re: Finding discontinued Avon product

@Bridgegal, I can completely sympathize with you.  I don't use any Avon except I did use their Skin So Soft self-tanning spray.  It was by far the best ST I have ever used.  It left me the nices color, no orange or yellow.  It never streaked, it didn't smell and it didn't wear off unevenly.

When it was discontinued there were still some cans available in their last chance section and I bought as many cans as I could but that has been gone for years.  I have begged and pleaded on a regular basis for them to bring it back to no avail.      

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

@Bridgegal, I can completely sympathize with you.  I don't use any Avon except I did use their Skin So Soft self-tanning spray.  It was by far the best ST I have ever used.  It left me the nices color, no orange or yellow.  It never streaked, it didn't smell and it didn't wear off unevenly.

When it was discontinued there were still some cans available in their last chance section and I bought as many cans as I could but that has been gone for years.  I have begged and pleaded on a regular basis for them to bring it back to no avail.      

There's some over on ebay if you are still looking. If it's the "Avon discontinued skin so soft satin glow airbrush spray"

Honored Contributor

@silkykwrote:

wrote:

There's some over on ebay if you are still looking. If it's the "Avon discontinued skin so soft satin glow airbrush spray"

@silkyk, thank you. That is it.  I would be a little concerned about these products though because Avon discontinued this years ago.  These products have to be super old. 

Trusted Contributor

@Bridgegal I would check out the Avon Groups on FB. It looks like there are several for buying and selling. Just in case this is your first itme joinging a group, many now have questions you need to answer prior to being approved to help screen out fake accounts/spammrs/known scammers, etc. Once accepted, be sure to read the rules and indicate that you have done so (if that is listed as a requirement.

Also, I would assume that the groups that are aimed at reps are most likely limited to reps since are aimed at serving as a source of info for reps to help them run their business, increase their sales, etc.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Help please.   I've used one Avon product for about 30-40 years and they have discontinued it.  I'd like to post a plea on Avon FB that if any reps have any left over, I want them.  But when I go to AVON on FB there are so many different pages and most look like pages for one rep.   I'm looking for a FB Avon page that all reps would see.

Can anyone tell me the best way to find that on FB?   Thanks.

@Bridgegal

Sorry, but I really don't understand your comments .....  Why are you thinking that facebook is the only way to go with this?

And WHAT is the item you're talking about?    How can anyone help you if you won't tell us what the item is?

Personally, I've always had great luck with discontinued items on Ebay .....   what are you looking for?