Honored Contributor

Re: Finding Your Style After 60

Comfortable and sensible is my style. Same as before I turned sixty.

Honored Contributor

Re: Finding Your Style After 60

@fairydogmother wrote:

A woman in the doctors waiting room on Friday said to me You look absolutely beautiful in orange.  I was wearing an orange SG liquid knit tee. I've heard this before. My style at 71 is to wear vibrant colors near my face that contrast with the grey hair and that complement my skin tone. (Bright warm pink, yes, fuschia never 👎) Deep cobalt eye glasses frames. Comfortable clothing that flatters my ever- evolving body type. I'm clean and presentable. 

Me, too! People notice me because I wear bright colors while most others in my periphery wear dull, muted shades or the standard black.  I get complimented because of my choice of clothing colors, especially with my red hair.  Stranger come up to me to ask me about my hair.  It's flattering, and I graciously say thank-you.  It's nice to still "get noticed" at my age from time to time.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.