Respected Contributor

Re: Finding Your Style After 60

@Meowingkitty wrote:

My style hasn't changed. It's shorts and tees in summer and long pants and tees in winter. We don't do fancy in Arizona. In Arizona you're considered dressed up in clean jeans and a nice top.  In summer most people wear just enough not to get arrested. 

Same here in central Florida. Maybe in Miami if you're part of the jet set as we used to say, you would dress fancy. Haha. Not in my world

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

How old is she ?

@CoastalGal   I think either 73 or 74.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

In summer most people wear just enough not to get arrested. 

I can definitely relate to that, living in Texas.  I love being "Texan" but 9 months out of the year I'd like to be Canadian!

Trusted Contributor

My quest is not trying to "find" my style, rather it's trying to find "styles". I'm 65 years old, 5'2", and 106 lbs. Fashions in my fall into 3 categories; matronly, goofy glam, or ridiculously young. 

Shopping has become a dreadful chore. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, instead of "finding my style," my style found me many years ago. Like others have said, I am not into trends. I wear what's comfortable but fits well. I know what pieces flatter my shape and I know what colors give my complexion life. Believe me, at my advancing age, I know what works. And what doesn't.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

If we don't know our own style by now....!

It's what's been out there (over the years) that [sometimes] dictates our style. Remember when all you could get were bell bottoms?

Valued Contributor

@jubilant 

Good morning . Thanks so much . I have been following Margaret ( Sixty and Me ) for the past few years . I will be 60 in a few months . I really enjoy her . She is very easy to listen to . She lives in Switzerland now , and many times she travels to different countries . She recently went to Greece and showcased Greek makeup brands . I enjoy seeing different parts of the worlds .Have a great day ! 

Respected Contributor

My style has never changed nor will I change it. I am a classic gal and dress in clothes that basically never go out of style. I probably have only purchased five or so fad or 'in style' pieces in my lifetime. I'm not interested in looking like everybody else.

I will have my hair colored as long as I can drive to the salon...my sister went the gray route and she looks ten years older. Not for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

I will have my hair colored as long as I can drive to the salon...my sister went the gray route and she looks ten years older. Not for me. 

@Regal Bee  @Trinity11  - I'm not after-60 yet, but I'm not planning on getting on the gray hair train either.

Honored Contributor

I still wear clothing from years ago, so my style really hasn't changed significantly.