Honored Contributor

https://youtu.be/ecSI5NIT5hU

I listened to this this morning and thought I would share it with you.  It's geared to women over 60 (or anyone for that matter). 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Finding Your Style After 60

I've seen Sixty and Me videos. The youtuber in this video is Margaret Manning, and she is great! Could listen to her voice all day. I like her idea of looking better, not younger. Many youtubers are all about youth maintaining that old is a terrible thing. I can't relate to them. 

Margaret is a breath of fresh air compared to some others. Thanks for posting it.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Here is how I find my style: If looks good on me,it is my style.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Here is how I find my style: If looks good on me,it is my style.

@Group 5 minus 1  If it is age appropriate and I like it, I wear it. Pretty much what I've always worn and have always been a classic dresser--much to my mother's dismay even as a teen.

I have modified my style--cut my long hair and started wearing suits to work at 30; cut my hair and highlighted it into a soft blonde about 45 to look more polished; quit coloring it at covid and switched to more casual clothing in retirement.  

Respected Contributor

I have jokingly said that I used to care how I looked; now I just care about how I feel. My clothing has to feel good on my body. Nothing tight and binding. No uncomfortable underwear. No shoes that make walking difficult. No unflattering fashion statements.

A garment has to flatter my body. The colors need to add to my appearance, not wash me out. Something may look good on someone else, but not me. I do not know how much I will like a garment until I try it on. I will not select something just because it is "in style."

Respected Contributor

My style is comfy glam and i'm still looking for it!

Honored Contributor

My likes in style have not really changed much.  Well fitting denim, denim and more denim and not baggy too big jeans.  I don't buy into the dress your age.  Of course I cannot wear shorts shorter than 4" inseam anymore and bare midriff tops because my body has changed.  I am who I am and not looking for a change in style.  I just want to be myself and feel good daily in spite of body changes and aging. 

I really was surprised because this person did not push clothing styles that aging women should wear but just a quick short statement that I agree with 100%.

Honored Contributor

Nope.  I wanted 60 seconds and that is not for me.  I wear what makes me happy and what I think looks good on me.  

Honored Contributor

I forget there is Youtube-----I don't watch it at all but my DD does almost exclusively--need to start. This is an interesting subject. I wear clothing that is current and always in good shape. Am almost 69,retired and not really into the latest fashion. Will have to check this out

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tried to watch but gave up after 3 minutes.  All jibber jabber.

I like someone that gets to the point.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward