Trusted Contributor

Finally, a safe, effective heated styling tool for me (and you?) too !

The InStyler Ionic Styler Brush is the best beauty tool purchase I've made in years.

I watched many demonstrations, full of envy, as the models in the Perfecter demos used their styling tools with such ease, free from the fear of burning either their scalp or hair. I knew , from experience with the Calista Tools Hot Paddle Brush, ( I bought two)  that the Perfecter just wouldn't work for me. My thick, coarse, "ethnic" hair requires HEAT.

Maria and staff haven't responded to requests to make one for me  (us) too .  And please, ladies, don't tell me that the model Sue used in every demo is African American.  Her hair and mine, my daughters', friends', relatives', have nothing in common .

I couldn't find a thread on the subject. So, I did what I always do, after a search of online reviews of 2015 best beauty tools, I turned to Amazon.com. There isn't much hype in the ad for the InStyler, but from the photos I surmised that this one might be what I needed. The teeth are long enough and broad enough to protect the hands and scalp from high temperatures and spaced widely enough to detangle, to guide the hair through them without breakage. The handle is ergonomically designed for ease and safety of use. The higher heat setting is exactly what I need ! And- at the amazingly affordable price I could afford to take a chance.

Once I had this wonderful styling tool in hand I was elated, oh so glad I took the plunge. This is everything I need. I can flat iron from the root , ending with a twist around the barrel at the ends to accomplish two tasks at once ! I can use the locking feature to effortlessly curl whatever didn't get curled with the first pass through, even at the nape of the neck, even at the crown. The higher temperature allows a once-through finish, without burning , without having to hold the styler in place for extended periods of time (as is required with the Perfecter even by those who aren't challenged with thick, curly locks) . This styler is phenomenal !

The InStyler Ionic Styler Pro may not receive the press that the competitors receive but it should. The ratings should be higher. I'll admit I made this purchase as a "why not", an alternative to the more highly rated, better advertised BaBylissPro. But the BaByllissPro has bars of thinner, more breakage-prone, hard teeth that slip back and forth along the barrel, clacking with a tinny noise while in use. The InStyler, in contrast, has stationary broad, smooth cool touch ionic bristles. They don't shift, tug or pull. They don't make you feel like you settled for less, again .

The InStyler has heft without being heavy, a reassuring, more substantial construction. The sliding bar on the stem locks the barrels together into a stable curling brush, securely apposing the surfaces of the flat iron. BaBylissPro has a fragile flip top hinge at the end of the wand, which I doubt will last through many uses.

There aren't many choices for a woman with the grade of hair the industry considers only as an afterthought. Until now, the traditional, dangerous, curling "wands" were the only effective tools out there. We had curling irons in the fire, literally, then scary electric branding irons. What a find this tool is. The fear, the dread is gone ! I can straighten, wave, curl with confidence, with ease, and get fabulous, smooth, lustrous hair.  I can use this hot tool and keep all my hair on my head instead of lamenting the dozens of broken strands I usually have to pull off of brush/comb/curler.  As an aside I have chemical free,  resilient, elastic hair, if you know what I mean.  A spritz of baobab and/or jojoba oil is all it takes to recreate the pressing comb, curling iron effect , surpass the relaxed hair do with the InStyler  Pro. the Cuisinart mister is perfect, invaluable for this purpose. 

Ladies blessed with lots of dense, coiled hair, don't hesitate ! Don't overthink this one. So, all the others have disappointed you ? I am convinced that you'll never regret  trying  this versatile, effective, safe, state of the art CERAMIC flat iron/ curling iron with IONIC bristles. There IS a fabulous styling tool for us too !

ps: it's on sale today, a further reduction by Amazon.com ! I bought a backup !

Contributor

Re: Finally, a safe, effective heated styling tool for me (and you?) too !

I have the In styler rotating brush, well actually three of them, and I love them! I have three because they came out with a smaller barrel which I love. I love that it gets really hot too. Many people had mixed reviews on it but I love mine. I know what you mean, WHEN you find a tool that works it is so great! The q doesn't even sell the instyler anymore but I can still get it on Amazon or ebay. Wishing you many good hair days! I also have the perfector and like it, but it doesn't get hot enough. Looks like they are bringing out a new perfector soon, heard Shawn say there is no reorder on the perfector.

Respected Contributor

Re: Finally, a safe, effective heated styling tool for me (and you?) too !

I just started a thread on Calista Tools Perfecter Pro Grip Heated Paddle Brush.  How does it perform on long hair? I thought of getting it. I want to smooth my long hair but a flat iron is to time consuming