Honored Contributor

Re: Finally, a drugstore lipstick I like

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

I recommended Revlon's "Cherries in the Snow" red lipstick on these boards a few months ago.  It has been my favorite red color for probably 10 years!

Oh, Cherries in the Snow is a classic! I don't wear a lot of lipstick, but I have and love the Cherries in the Snow nail polish. The Cherries in the Snow shade has been in the Revlon line since 1953.

Regular Contributor

My dear Mom wore that color for many years. She is no longer with us but nice to know

that lipstick is still around!!

Respected Contributor

I use this brand also and love it the best!  I use 625 Iced Amythest...not purple color...more berry color...then I put a touch of lipgloss over and wow it's gorgeous.

Respected Contributor

@bunjetto wrote:

Do the Revlon lipsticks have a taste or smell?  Can't do either thanks!

No...this is a huge pet peev of mine....I loath lipsticks with any smell or flavoring!!! This Revlon lipstick is free from any of this.

Honored Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 This has been around since the 50's. Can you believe it? I used to wear Strawberry Vanilla-for years.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  This is so true about the lead. But how would you know? They aren't going to list it on the ingredient list: contains lead!!! The only one lead free I know of is Lorac. I would think the cheapies would contain lead-couldn't afford not to, probably. Guess I could google. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

I have Toasted Rose and Mink, love them both.....soft and wearable!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@Judaline, Hello girlfriend!   No, I did not know that Revlon color had been around that long!  I just know that I wore it in the 90's!   Hope you are doing well, and feeling better!!

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@bunjetto wrote:

Do the Revlon lipsticks have a taste or smell?  Can't do either thanks!

Yes! If your at all sensitive this isn't for you. Lipsticks are drying. FYI Revlon tests on animals. Recommend wet n wild Made in America. Youtube cult following. Have you tried BE new lipsticks? Omy!! Love them. Be Gene Nude lipsticks and glosses are lovely. Chock full of good for you ingredients. Problem with many Lipsticks lead. Know your ingredients.💄

Yes they are drying. I also noticed they tend to mitigate above my lip line which doesn't happen to me with other lipsticks. Even in my 20's I noticed they tended to travel.

Respected Contributor

There is no difference between high end and drugstore makeup. nothing.