Trusted Contributor

Re: Finally, a drugstore lipstick I like

Revlon's ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Supermodel is the one lipstick I've bought many times.  It's kind of a mauvy, neutral color, similar to the color of my lips.  It's my go-to lipstick I wear anytime I'm wearing purple or blue shades.  It is so long-wearing but not drying as some of those types are.  Even after it wears off it leaves a nice stain.  What is really strange is that I have bought several colors in this ColorStay Ultimate Suede and that have not perfomed the same way.  So I don't know what it is about the Supermodel color, but it's the bomb and I'll buy it as long as they make it.

Honored Contributor

@bunjetto wrote:

Do the Revlon lipsticks have a taste or smell?  Can't do either thanks!

Yes! If your at all sensitive this isn't for you. Lipsticks are drying. FYI Revlon tests on animals. Recommend wet n wild Made in America. Youtube cult following. Have you tried BE new lipsticks? Omy!! Love them. Be Gene Nude lipsticks and glosses are lovely. Chock full of good for you ingredients. Problem with many Lipsticks lead. Know your ingredients.💄
Honored Contributor

@bunjetto wrote:

@bunjetto,

The Revlon Lustrous does not have any smell or taste...at least the three of mine didn't anyway.

Respected Contributor

Can you recommend a Brick Red Lipstick from this line? I have never worn Revlon lipsticks before and like a Brick Red other than a really bright red lipstick. Thanks

Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Thanks @Snoopp for the recommendation.  I've been wearing Revlon Lustrous lipsticks --one color in particular-- for over 40 years. 

@tototwo

Do you mind sharing your favorite shade of lipstick?  

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@bunjetto wrote:

Yes! If your at all sensitive this isn't for you. Lipsticks are drying. FYI Revlon tests on animals. Recommend wet n wild Made in America. Youtube cult following. Have you tried BE new lipsticks? Omy!! Love them. Be Gene Nude lipsticks and glosses are lovely. Chock full of good for you ingredients. Problem with many Lipsticks lead. Know your ingredients.💄

Luckily, Revlon cosmetics do not contain lead. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@bunjetto wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity  I think I recall a Hot 'n' Flash video comparing long wearing lipsticks, budget friendly to expensive and the Wet 'n' Wild came out on top. 

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Can you recommend a Brick Red Lipstick from this line? I have never worn Revlon lipsticks before and like a Brick Red other than a really bright red lipstick. Thanks

@cuddlesmama,

I was looking at some pics online and found these two. They are in the raisin shades of the Revlon Lustrous. Would these work for you?

RUM RAISIN

download (1).jpg

RAISIN RAGE

download.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate ~ my absolute fave is Softsilver Red (I think someone else mentioned it too) and, like I said, I've worn it for at least 40 years.  Thank goodness Revlon doesn't discontinue the old colors!   Also love Softsilver Rose.

Contrary to what others have stated, for me Revlon Lustrous lipsticks are moisturizing and don't have any fragrance.  Plus the color lasts for hours and hours.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Revlon-Super-Lustrous-Lipsticks-Swatch-500x236.jpg