Respected Contributor

Re: Finally, a cure for my adult acne!!

On 1/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 1/8/2015 namealreadytaken said:

Have you ever tried seeing a dermatologist for Acutane or minocycline.

Accutane is the very last thing that should be tried. I know many people who have been helped by this med but it has some serious side effects that should only be risked if all else fails.

I one million percent agree with you! Accutane should be a last resort type product, IMO.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/8/2015 FUTURE said:
On 1/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 1/8/2015 namealreadytaken said:

Have you ever tried seeing a dermatologist for Acutane or minocycline.

Accutane is the very last thing that should be tried. I know many people who have been helped by this med but it has some serious side effects that should only be risked if all else fails.

I one million percent agree with you! Accutane should be a last resort type product, IMO.

Especially when the OP just posted to say that she found something that worked for her!

I never went the Accutane route though it was on my radar.

I did, however, have a couple derms who had me on and off minocycline for years and years. It messed with my immune system and what's was even worse to me is it permanently stained and discolored my teeth.

My routine now is Retin-A (which didn't do much of anything for my acne but it great for anti-aging) and Buzz on Acne Spray, my HG.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 kjeana said: KatCat1, is Marula oil anything like Argan Oil? My skin did not like the Argan Oil.....I think it was too heavy for me.

kjeana, It's not as heavy as regular argan oil and it absorbs quickly. You have to remember what's really a good idea (although I don't do it all the time) and makes a difference is to apply on damp skin and you use less. The Marula oil comes in a little pump bottle so you pump out on the top of your hand and then take a little and apply to one side of your face & nose & then the rest of your face. I read up on this oil before I purchased it and now I use it everyday at bedtime.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

On 1/8/2015 kjeana said: I have been battling adult acne (cyst, pimples, and red scars from acne along my right cheek and chin). I have had the products I needed all along, I just wasn't using them in the right order. I have been using PTR peel pads and retinol fusion for some time, but separately, so I tried using the peel pads, wait a couple minutes (no rinsing), then apply the retinol and Wow! In just about a week's time, the cysts are dramatically smaller, the pimples are gone and the redness has visibly diminished. Maybe you all already do this, but my skin has never looked better. It does tingle for a few minutes, but to me the results are worth it! Hope it works for others who suffer from adult acne.

Is it the Unwrinkle Peel pads that you are using? If so, I also use these and don't rinse. If I use these every night my acne rosacea disappears. When I miss a couple of night within a week I start breaking out again. They have been a miracle for me.

Valued Contributor

I use Aczone and it has helped me alot. It is prescibed by my dermatologist. I also use Neutrogena Clear Pore with Benzyl Peroxide to wash my face and SkinCeuticals moisterizers for oily skin.

Frequent Contributor

Kind1too, yes, it is the Unwrinkle Peel pads. I try to buy those and the Retinol Fusion when PTR has a sale on the travel size items. I really can't find a better deal than that. Thanks to all for sharing your stories and suggestions.
Valued Contributor

On 1/9/2015 kjeana said: Kind1too, yes, it is the Unwrinkle Peel pads. I try to buy those and the Retinol Fusion when PTR has a sale on the travel size items. I really can't find a better deal than that. Thanks to all for sharing your stories and suggestions.

I suffered with adult acne since I was 25, and I am now 64. I found Proactive years ago, here on the Q. It worked miracles.

I still have acne, most is hormonal. It's less than it was, dramatically less. However, Proactiv has changed and it's very heavy and causes my skin to peel.

I am happy you found what helps you.

kjeana, I searched for the Unwrinkle Peel Pads and the Retinol Fusion, it's sold here in kits. Do you use only the peel pads and fusion...or the whole kit?

I also can't use moisturiser, I've tried it all, ususally it leaves little white hard bumps under my skin. I found the best moisturizer and cleanser for me is Cetaphil.

The peel pads, what do they do for you?

Frequent Contributor

Germangal, the peel pads have glycolic acid and other acids that exfoliate the skin. The directions say to rinse after a minute or so (to neutralize the acid?), but I don't rinse, then I follow with the retinol...I have bought a PTR kit from QVC, but when the PTR site has a sale on their travel items, you can't beat the price. I can get 3 small bottles (which equals a full size bottle) for $21...I think it's $65 at the Q. Also, I use the cleansing gel from PTR.