Frequent Contributor

Finally, a cure for my adult acne!!

I have been battling adult acne (cyst, pimples, and red scars from acne along my right cheek and chin). I have had the products I needed all along, I just wasn't using them in the right order. I have been using PTR peel pads and retinol fusion for some time, but separately, so I tried using the peel pads, wait a couple minutes (no rinsing), then apply the retinol and Wow! In just about a week's time, the cysts are dramatically smaller, the pimples are gone and the redness has visibly diminished. Maybe you all already do this, but my skin has never looked better. It does tingle for a few minutes, but to me the results are worth it! Hope it works for others who suffer from adult acne.
Respected Contributor

Re: Finally, a cure for my adult acne!!

So glad that you found a winning combination of products that work for you. Trial and error can be frustrating; the peel pads are good for unclogging (my) pores.

Honored Contributor

Have you ever tried seeing a dermatologist for Acutane or minocycline.

Frequent Contributor

So glad this combo is working for you!
Honored Contributor

I know I'm on a roll tonight with Marula oil but it is excellent for dry skin and acne skin. and redness. My skin stays normal using this oil even in our freezing weather (that's when my face would tend to get dry, but not anymore). It has also help clean out my clogged pores. I buy my Marula oil which is cold pressed from acure Organics which is $12 or13.99 at Target now.

I am glad for you that you did find something that works for you. That is half the battle but I wish you would give Marula oil a try for a night moisturizer. You will see a difference.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

KatCat1, is Marula oil anything like Argan Oil? My skin did not like the Argan Oil.....I think it was too heavy for me.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/8/2015 namealreadytaken said:

Have you ever tried seeing a dermatologist for Acutane or minocycline.

Accutane is the very last thing that should be tried. I know many people who have been helped by this med but it has some serious side effects that should only be risked if all else fails.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Frequent Contributor

name alreadytaken, I was seriously considering going to see a derm. I go once a year for a skin cancer check. She did take a look at my face and said the scars would probably stay...well I hope to prove her wrong! I am really scared to try Accutane because of all the side effects I have read about. I will keep trying my current plan of action and see if I continue to see improvement. Thanks for the suggestions!
Trusted Contributor

It's a wonderful freeing feeling when you find something that works for you. Believe me, I know the pain of acne break-outs and then the thrill of success when you find your HG product. I get it. You just want to help others and share. Congratulations and continued good luck with it. Kiss

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Respected Contributor

Happy for you too! I too suffered...notice i said sufferED from adult acne. Peter thomas roth skin care in addition to retin a gel from my derm gave me acne free skin. The retin a alone just didnt do it and i have been using it for years. I also invested in a clarisonic and never looked back. And i had lousy skin since the age of 14. I am now 58 and am finally clear. Good for you!!