Respected Contributor

Finally! A Hair Gel That Doesn’t Dry Too Crispy

[ Edited ]

I have tried so many gels and always been disappointed.  They either left my curls too hard or dry and frizzy when I broke the cast.

Now enter Wet Line Xtreme Professional gel. I really didn’t expect much, but was willing to give it a try. Well, so far, this is the best gel I have ever used. My curls look hydrated, but aren’t greasy or too stiff.

Regular Contributor

Re: Finally! A Hair Gel That Doesn’t Dry Too Crispy

Montana.  Thank You!  I will have to try this.  Was starting to give up hope.

Honored Contributor

Oh yes!  Wetline Extreme is the one!!!  I have been using it for about 6 months.  My curls stay defined for a full 6 to 7 days!  I wash my hair once a week, so it's perfect for me.  I add a little hair serum when needed and it stays so hydrated and shiny too.

I haven't thrown out my Eco styling gel yet, but I might as well.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation.  I like a hard hold gel for curl definition, but some of them are so difficult to scrunch out the crunch. 

I ordered to pick up in store at Target.  So reasonably priced!

Occasional Contributor

I would love to try this gel! I looked on Amazon and there are different colors of it. Clear, blue and green. Which color should I get? Thank you!!!
Honored Contributor

@RedRose wrote:
I would love to try this gel! I looked on Amazon and there are different colors of it. Clear, blue and green. Which color should I get? Thank you!!!

Hello @RedRose.  For my hair, I use the clear.  I use an aloe vera leave-in conditioner before I apply the gel.  My hair loves aloe vera (it does not like coconut oil at all -- I know coconut oil for hair is all the rage, but my hair said Nope!).  Then I use a very small amount (nickel size warmed in the palms of my hand) of Nick Chavez's Mystique Hair Serum when it's the time to style it.  I tell you my hair is shiny without any oiliness to it.  It's healthy, hydrated and has no gel cast at all (the Mystique Serum helps with that).

I have a friend that uses the blue, and has only used the blue, and she loves it. 

Respected Contributor

Nexxus used to make an awesome product called Versastyle that was a lotion that  gave hold, but not crispness- They stopped making its ears ago. I know others and myself are still looking for a replacement- I have horrible, difficult, frizz prone hair from June - October, can never seem to control it unless I do a Keratin treatment...  Thanks for this recommendation! Will try it! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper which aloe leave-in are you using? My hair doesn’t like coconut or any oils.

ETA: Did you mean Nick Chavez Mesquite Serum? 

ETA2: I’m also using the clear Xtreme gel. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ Montana wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper which aloe leave-in are you using? My hair doesn’t like coconut or any oils.

ETA: Did you mean Nick Chavez Mesquite Serum? 

Yes, I sure did @ Montana Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

And I even mis-typed it twice!  I must have been thinking it's a mystery how this stuff works so well on my hair!

I use 100% Pure Aloe Vera Liquid.  I get it from Trader Joe's.  Lots of people take this internally for digestive issues, or use to calm skin irritations.  But you can also add it to your hair conditioner to boost results.  I use it straight as a leave-in hair conditioner (no rinse out), after my regular shampoo & conditioner. 

Aloe Vera Juice.png

Just put some in a spray bottle (I prefer the mist spray bottle, not the stream spray bottle), and spray till good and damp.  I also do this between washings to freshen up my curls, then smooth on a little argan oil to seal it in.

Occasional Contributor

I had no idea you could spray aloe vera juice on hair!!! I'll have to try that!! And the clear gel too!