Esteemed Contributor

Final update on Color Wow Dreamcoat

This product was mentioned on the boards as a way to keep hair from getting frizzy.  I have used it for a couple of weeks now. 

Those who followed it know the details.

My hair is naturally curly, fine and frizzes in humidity.

While it has helped, my hair still got a bit curly/frizzy in high humidity.  The good news is I could use my spin brush and the frizz was gone.  However, extended explosure to the humidity brought back some frizz.

What I did like is it retained my natural body and seemed to add volume to my hair.  You are only supposed to use it after 3-4 shampoos, so it does begin losing it's punch after shampooing.

And, I think it works differently on everyone's hair.  If you are plagued by frizzy hair, it's worth a try.

It works good enough to continue using, but if I want really smooth hair, I'll go back to my salon smoothing treatments.

Respected Contributor

Re: Final update on Color Wow Dreamcoat

I was just thinking about you this morning and hoped you would post an update.  TY!

Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman  So glad you did these updates thank you! So true the keratin is truly the smoothest but this is worth a shot at home. Have a great Sunday..

Esteemed Contributor

@DianeJ2 

Yes, having a salon "smoothing" seems to be the only thing that works long term.

My stylist uses the Pravana method, but says it is not Keratin.  I've done a Keratin, and it gives the same results, however.  Not sure of the long term affects of either.

My hair does not seem to have suffered much after several years.

The Dream Coat is OK, but it does have to be reapplied every 3 shampoos.  I can manage that, and will try to resist getting my hair smoothed this summer by using the Dream Coat.

I'm in Southern Maryland, and our humidity can be pretty intense, so I'm happy to even get the results I got.

If you live in a mildly humid area, it might work better.

Valued Contributor

1. @Witchy Woman   I will have to check out the Pravana!  Maybe do that just for the summer and Dreamcoat in mild humidity? Your hair sounds very healthy, im sure it looks beautiful with the smoothing volume you  get.  I like  the bend and wave volume, so pretty.  Years ago i became obsessed with pin straight--- I did a relaxer (bad frizz from haircut stage) keratin and a keratin "shot" on my bangs.  I get bad sinus allergies living  in southern CT , so I try to limit salon time these days.  I did grow my hair to longer, texturized layers, lucky to find  a stylist who can  texturize curly, wavy ... think that's helped the Dream coat stay more  with my frizz weirdly enough.  Ah the joys of humidity 😊
Respected Contributor

Dreamcoat is working!  I have high porosity, coarse, dry, wiry, wavy/curly type 2c hair, the worst texture, immediately frizzes in humidity-

So I just bought this and used for 1st time yesterday. I pretty much followed directions. 

I washed with Wen, sprayed it all over, then cheated a little blow-drying whole head with a brush all at once ( not in sections) . It was still a bit damp but I broke a sweat and was done- Then let it finish drying and ran the straight iron over it, quick and in large sections- I have no patience. My hair was super soft- 

Today was humid and rainy in CT and my hair did not frizz, the softness stayed! This should hold for me for a week, so that’s pretty cool!  

Some work involved, but it works! 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reviews. Have wondered about this product! Will have to give it a try.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Skyegirl21 

I'm happy to hear it is working for you.

I haven't given up, but the humidity in Maryland was brutal the last few days and the frizz pretty much returned in my hair.

Granted, I'm in my second shampoo, but I had hoped it would last longer.

I will continue to use the product for now, and try to get through the summer to see if my curls will return.  

I love my hair when it is not humid, but that is normally only in the fall and winter around here.

Trusted Contributor

I have dry, coarse, out of control wavy hair.  I'm sold on this product.