Super Contributor

Fig is sold out - I'm close to breaking up with WEN over this

I posted here earlier this week asking if Fig was sold out, to find out that it was. There have been random reappearances so I called customer service to find out why and it is because someone has canceled an order (not returned it). So that means when it does reappear it's the first one to see who it gets it.

I honestly am at my near breaking point with this. I've only been using Wen for a few months and wasn't 100% sure what formula I wanted to commit to, even though I was pretty sure it was Fig and Lavender combo. So in early June I ordered the 4 piece set so I could try POM and TT... and paid to have express shipping so I could try them before the end of the month and then order my gallon. I decided Fig was going to be my staple and went to go buy my gallon, but it was sold out after only 2 weeks! I certainly would not have ordered the 4 piece set or paid for express shipping at this time if I wasn't motivated to get my gallon. Oh I also tossed in a POM finishing cream on that order while I was at it. So now I feel resentment rather than joy and excitement.

I've since been checking stock every day and am also really resenting the fact that this is taking so much of my time. It still feels very much to me like false advertising to say a product will be available for the month of June, it did not say "while supplies last". One would assume that if they are only selling it for one month that they would make sure they have enough inventory to honor the promotion, or at the very least offer a rain check. It's no different than any retailer offering their weekly promotions (think Target, WM, etc), if you go into the store with one of their circulars and an item is sold out they give you a rain check.

Note: I do not watch the shows as I don't need to be sold on Wen, I just rely on the website.

I'm seriously considering filing a consumer complaint maybe that would be a better use of this waisted time checking QVC for stock. I took screen captures of the promotion and have kept track of how this item was advertised. I already tried QVC customer service to resolve this and they were useless and didn't seem to care. Clearly I like the product so I'm not knocking Wen but if it is going to be this tricky, deceiving, and time consuming to get the product I like then maybe it's just not worth it.

Not sure if anyone can talk me off the ledge lol but worth a try...