Honored Contributor

sueinsf, occassionally I've mentioned that my hair can't seem to get enough of the 613 CC: that my hair would like it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a midnight snack if possblie. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

So I decided to try a little wexperiment a few weeks back. I had some time to myself so I basically kept 613 in my hair for three and a half days straight. I wet my hair ad added 613 CC to it. Every 2-3 hours I rewet my hair and added more 613 CC. And on and on for three and a half days.

The reason I kept wetting my hair was that I figured that the amino acid complex would penetrate my hair more thoroughly if my hair was wet. I'm not a scientist or a hair dresser, so I don't know for sure if it made a difference but I gave it a try.

When I finally washed the 613 CC out my hair looked fine. It looked a little better but not a whole lot better. That said, all this 613 CC didn't dry my hair out in the least and it didn't cause any hair breakage.

I'm not suggesting that anyone else replicate my experiment especially since too much 613 CC can dry your hair out or cause breakage. I just was so completely convinced that my hair couldn't get enough 613 amino acid complex that I wanted to try this out. -- That said I occasionally (every 3-6 months) use the Joico K-Pac protein treatment and I would never keep that on my hair for more than 5-7 minutes because that can dry out my hair.

-- bebeSmile Wen FAQ - key Wen links - Wen 101 - tips from Chaz Dean Studio

Contributor

Fig may work well, but it smells disgusting. It has no sweet or spicy scent, just a dull menthol and compared to all the other CC this smells the worst. I wish they would reformulate it so it smells like the oil, which is really nice.

Honored Contributor
On 8/31/2014 DoeADear said:

Fig may work well, but it smells disgusting. It has no sweet or spicy scent, just a dull menthol and compared to all the other CC this smells the worst. I wish they would reformulate it so it smells like the oil, which is really nice.

Some Wenners have mentioned that they will mix a different CC in with FIG to help tame the scent. I'm not really a fan of the FIG scent but it's not really overpowering, so it would seem that another CC could improve the smell. Especially since it's so moisturizing for the hair.

-- bebe Smile

Super Contributor

I use Fig and I have naturally blonde fine/normal dry wavy frizzy hair, it doesn't weight my hair down at all. I actually have flyaways if I don't use leave in and/or styling products. Actually I usually still have flyaways, but it's much worse without anything extra.

Super Contributor

Also the smell doesn't bother me at all, and it doesn't linger so it's a non-issue.

I was mixing it with TT, but now I'm using it alone and I think I need all the moisture I can get.

Honored Contributor

I have fine, glassy, straight hair, dry on the ends, and frequently itchy scalp caused by medication. For @ a year TT has been my 1st cleanse @ 2 out of 3 times and FIG is usually in my 2nd cleanse either alone, or combined with something else .

As much as I love 613, BGT and SHP if I could only have 2 it would be TT and FIG.

However, the CD Website keeps saying BGT is best for me, so I'm going to try using it 50 / 50 with TT as 1st cleanse and see what happens.

All bets are off it, and when I get my paws on 613 oil! {#emotions_dlg.glare}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras