Occasional Contributor

I got my first bottle of Fig CC last night and tried it out. I wasn't too sure what to expect scent-wise, but I was pleasantly surprised. I first rinsed with TT then my second rinse was with the Fig and I used one pump of the Fig for leave in. All I can say is WOW! I never knew my hair could be this soft! I love it! My curls love it even more. I definitely feel like this is going to be my new main routine Smiley Happy

I still want to try out some other CC's though and I was wondering everyone's opinion on the SOB and the BGT. I know SOB is soy based and the BGT is rice based; for people who get good results with TT/Fig combos, which do you have better luck with? BGT or the seasonals? Thanks for any opinions! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Fig is the only one I havent used. I have fine hair and the BGT is amazing. It has never been this soft, smooth, and shiny! I can feel a difference in the shower as I rinse and when I roundbrush it to blow dry. Its so smooth. BGT is the one I'm sticking with and completely devoted to.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought BGT today to try out.

I use Fig after every cleanse and love it! I alternate TT and 613 for the first cleanse, but Fig is my second cleanse.

I used it as a leave-in also, but since I'm trying to finish two tubs of ReMoist, that's my leave-in now.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I have dry, color treated, wavy-curly hair and I need Fig for the moisture. All of the other core formulas I've tried leave it dry (or very dry, in the case of Cucumber Aloe) unless I follow up with Fig. I don't let that limit me, though - I just make sure I use Fig as my last wash or, if I know I'm only going to do one wash because of time, I will just use Fig. I buy the Fig by the gallon and supplement with smaller bottles of other formulas for variety or other benefits.

I love the seasonal formulas. I can use the seasonals alone and my hair won't feel dry. I don't like to use them every time I wash because my hair doesn't like too much protein, and eventually will get dry. I prefer to use a seasonal scent as my second wash. When I do that, I use Fig either alone or on my length and use Tea Tree on my scalp for my first cleanse.

Seasonals have skincare benefits, so I think seasonals are also great for travel because I can use one product for my hair wash, body wash, face wash, hand wash, shave cream, and my leave-in. I did that when I went to visit my parents for nearly 3 weeks and it worked out very well. (Using a seasonal every cleanse for 3 weeks didn't make my hair react to the protein - it takes months or more for that to happen, but I've had some really bad trouble with proteins in the past and I'm overly cautious about them now.)

I haven't tried the Bamboo Green Tea, but based on past experience and what I've read here, I'm certain I would need to use that with Fig, too.

Super Contributor

I normally use TT or SAM. I am planning on trying fig though because my hair is pretty dry. BGT is too drying for my hair--I think it is better for less dry, fine thin hair. Seasonals work ok for me, I just can't use them everyday.

Super Contributor

Fig is my holy grail!

I also use TT and 613 the most. I loved Fall Apple Spice (my hair was PERFECT with that formula) but none of the other seasonal CCs have worked for me so far--I might just stick with the cores from here on out...

Honored Contributor

My hair is dry and color treated but in much better shape than when I first started using Wen. TT and Fig were mainstays for me for a long time and I used to use 613 as my leave in every cleanse. Now my hair is much better and I can use the kids for both cleanses and my hair is great. I still use TT sometimes and I still have a little left in my fig gallon to finish up. Now that my hair is much better I can only use 613 occasionally and I've found the same for BGT and the seasonals. I love BGT but I can't use it every cleanse.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor
My hair seems to be very similar to jaxs mom. If I had to choose, I would say I get better results with BGT than the seasonals. So far, for seasonals, I get the best results from the new spring orange blossom. I like SOB about as well as bgt. FAS would be a close second. I have found that the seasonals and BGT work much better for me if I use a kids cc for my first cleanse. I also like TT, Sam, fig, and lavender. I find that the wheat formulas work better if I only mix them with other wheat based formulas.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Contributor

BGT is great as a CC but its even better as a leave in. The fig is my number one for moisture and detangling but it leaves my hair too soft and frizzy if i leave it in. i blame it on glycerin being the second ingedient. BGT has glycerin but its much further down the ingredients list to have any negative effect

Honored Contributor

Yes, I think that Hilary and I must have similar hair since we like so much of the same formulas. I agree with her, BGT works better for me too than the seasonals. I hated Lav when I tried it, but that was back when I first started Wen and I had frizzy ends with it. I don't get frizzy ends at all anymore and my hair is wavy.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval